Good God! How stupid can one kid be....

by looking on the video you can see that he turned it on a 90 degree angel and the phantom flew towards the wall before trying to turn back to its GPS position.

Actually, I just realized it was the kid himself that put the "fail" video up and edited in the "don't try this at home" portion. All props for that kind of humility. At least he's admitting he was kind of a ******* (like we all are from time to time). Bravo kid! Keep that attitude, it'll serve you well.

Last edited:
He makes us young flyers look bad!
Perhaps in the eyes of less intelligent people who generalise and lack critical thinking skills. I see far more videos of adults wreaking havoc with their Phantoms than I see kids like the kid in the video. The whole rational thinking ability doesn't develop for some as they come of age. Keep flying smart and don't worry about being seen as a bad pilot for what this guy did.

The Phantom was never forced into a position where the props were on a vertical plane, it did that to itself.

It looks to me like he grabbed the compass.

The force is strong in this one, I just had to subscribe to his youtube channel :)
I'm getting the popcorn ready right now...

The Days just started and it's made already

To Funny :)

Remember he could just be misunderstood, truly really, well not really really.

Why is everyone here so brutally judgemental? Im all for safe use etc.. Dont get me wrong.. But everyone is just relentless in their name calling and bullying. How many of you actually sent the kid a PM and explained the dangers? No it would be too much effort..Better just bully him from here. When I was his age I was doing far dumber things. Give it a rest.

In his next Video we'll see him drop water-balloons and eggs onto peoples from 50-100m high ! I wish his Phantom get tired of this and attempt to fly or swim back to China !

I hope the Brick is ok!

Don't be too hard on him, I've been chatting to him and he's a good kid. Look we've all done more stupid things at that age and even at the age we are at now. He's got a good sense of humour about it all including all the comments here :)

Edit: but he did say it was hard reading all these comments, he's learned his lesson and I told him to just get on with learning to fly and wow us with a cool vid. I for one am gonna stick up for him from now and I hope others will follow suit?
we're a community (albeit a piss taking one at times) after all and not a pack of bullying wolves, he's a member now

Last edited:
It's always good to let someone else made the mistake so you can learn by them.
I think most of us have set it in a hover and gave it a small push to see how stable it was. He just took it a little too far.

The Phantom was never forced into a position where the props were on a vertical plane, it did that to itself.

It looks to me like he grabbed the compass.
We watching the same video? He pretty well had it pointed at the wall. A couple more feet and it would have recovered.

Hopefully others will learn something from it.

Don't be too hard on him, I've been chatting to him and he's a good kid. Look we've all done more stupid things at that age and even at the age we are at now. He's got a good sense of humour about it all including all the comments here :)

Edit: but he did say it was hard reading all these comments, he's learned his lesson and I told him to just get on with learning to fly and wow us with a cool vid. I for one am gonna stick up for him from now and I hope others will follow suit?
we're a community (albeit a piss taking one at times) after all and not a pack of bullying wolves, he's a member now
Agreed. Here is my last comment to him on his YouTube video.:
"OK, I'm gonna lighten up on you now. You seem to be totally aware of your mistake and fess up to it. I would like to see you join the Drone Forums where you can read the good and bad of whats going on. You will learn a lot as I have and have plenty of people to ask questions and lend you support. Good luck with the drone. I truly hope you did get away with only a broken prop."

Agreed. Here is my last comment to him on his YouTube video.:
"OK, I'm gonna lighten up on you now. You seem to be totally aware of your mistake and fess up to it. I would like to see you join the Drone Forums where you can read the good and bad of whats going on. You will learn a lot as I have and have plenty of people to ask questions and lend you support. Good luck with the drone. I truly hope you did get away with only a broken prop."
Yep I saw that earlier mate and fair play :)

Reactions: gburkett05
I just kept thinking..."Okay, we get the point" but he just had to push it a little further. Not only did he not follow the advice of not "trying this at home", I have never seen Eric spin the Phantom while pushing it.

Reactions: Trumple

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4