Good buy?

Reaction score
Jason, I was hoping you might help out here!
FlySight Black Pearl RC801 FPV 7" HD LCD monitor 5.8G Diversity FREE Bracket
Good price, and to the UK I can expect it (I have messaged him) in 5 days. BUT is it a bad model? It does not have 32 channels… and I worry it is not the best/newest version. Anyone got a good link to all the versions/years of the Flysight black pearl?
Thanks in advance, and please write soon - as I need to get one by next week. ;)

There are lots of sources in the UK selling these. Remember to get 32channels your transmitter on the phantom also needs to be 32 channels. I don't think 32 channels is strictly legal in the UK and the only reason to get more channels is if your regularly flying where more than eight others are. Most other flyers will check with each other as to what channel they are using. Try "fast lad" in the UK for pricing or any of the many other retailers before trying to import and risking import charges. They can be bought for around £160 new in the UK maybe cheaper if you shop around

Just because they sell them here doesn't make them legal. 25mw is the legal TX power but who uses that? Most use 250mw or even 600mw which can be bought easily in the UK. But getting back to FPV receiver/monitors like the BP you have to make sure it matches your transmitter in channels range

Yes that is a good price for the Black Pearl monitor/receiver I paid 229.00 usd when I bought mine in March 2014. The receiver has four bands and each band contains 8 channels therefor 32 channels. I think but sure the UK has a limit on the milliwatts the video transmitter can have. I believe that is no more then 25mw.

I bought the 7-channel version, only because I read in a bunch of different places that the 32-channel has possible issues communicating with the ImmersionRC 600. Not sure if it's true or not, but saw it far too many times to take a chance.

I have no clue on legal stuff... but I use the Immersion, with the iOSD mini and plug & play cable, and it all works great. I am even going to buy another Immersion for a quad I'm building from scratch, to set up an FPV system on it. For the Phantom, everything just plugged in and worked. Just make sure you plug in the cable in the right place and right orientation.

Reactions: Baldrick
I've heard this sort of thing before. I am wondering whether this other one would be any worse than it - since it does save £40 ($60)

When I was looking around, I heard a lot of great things about the Immersion, that's why I went with it. Do some research, Google each one, see what people say. I made the Immersion choice, and it works for me. But don't base your decision on just me, I don't need you yelling at me because it didn't work for you... look around, read forums, reviews... then decide. If the Immersion didn't work for me, I would have been upset at hundreds of people... :)

And sometimes it's worth it to pay a little more for something, if you can afford it. Saves on headaches down the road...

Don't worry I wouldn't shout at you. :wink: I agree. I have tried to do research. Of course the Immersion RC is the famous/obvious choice. Everyone swears by it, so I'm sure it is amazing. The issue is that not much good OR bad is written on this other one. In fact, not much is written on it at all! I shall keep digging and get back to you.

The issue is that not much good OR bad is written on this other one. In fact, not much is written on it at all!

Then that's what scares me.... I just ordered another Immersion a few minutes ago for the quad I'm building. Stick with what works..

Let us all know what you decide. If you go with the Boscam let us know how that is as well.

Reactions: Baldrick
I think I will go with immersion RC... It's safer!

Make sure you have the right antennas as well. I think you'll find out pretty quick that the stock "rubber duck" antennas won't be all that good... and ALWAYS make sure that the Immersion NEVER gets turned on without an antenna attached... you'll fry it... :(

Well I'll live with rubber duck ones for a while. Then I may upgrade. I know not to power on phantom without antennas, but can I power it on WITH antenna but with NO gopro (so no connection to video feed wire)?

You should always have the GoPro on the gimbal when you apply power. As the gyros need the gimbal balanced

You should always have the GoPro on the gimbal when you apply power. As the gyros need the gimbal balanced

This.

Also, DO NOT remove the shrink wrap on the Immersion. It even says so in the Immersion manual. If you need to change the channels via the dip switches use an Xacto knife and poke through the wrap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers