Good Battery stories?

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be argumentative... So please don't take this post that way if you ARE having issues with your battery,..

But, since there is a thread about people suffering from the early auto-land issue and some sub-set of users are seeing that issue. I am curious as to how many people are having no issues with their battery after 50+ cycles?

What I have noticed in the other thread are a lot of the affected users are seeing an issue relatively early in their battery's life.

However, human nature being what it is (meaning... People who are not experiencing problems generally post less) I am curious as to how many people are experiencing no issues with a battery that has been cycled at least 50 times.

Again... I'm asking the question as a way of better understanding how prevalent the early landing battery issue is.... Not to cast doubt on the problem

Thanks!

No probs with any of my 3 batteries. Only one is 50+

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

"Can I remove the blades and run the motors without a load?"

Others say not to. You could just turn on the quad and the LEDs will run the battery down eventually.
Cheers Mark

Buckaye said:
However, human nature being what it is (meaning... People who are not experiencing problems generally post less) I am curious as to how many people are experiencing no issues with a battery that has been cycled at least 50 times.

I posted a similar question some time ago, and I don't think I got a single response. Like you, with DJI claiming 300+ cycles for their product, I had hoped lots of guys would post saying they'd got at least 100>. I would hate to think it was good for less; that would make this a very expensive hobby to feed.

Dragon said:
How do I discharge my Phantom 2 batteries without the motors running? Can I remove the blades and run the motors without a load?

I don't think you should do that. The blades help to cool the internals while the copter is on. It is best to run your batteries down with the blades on.

I use this method (I have a P2V+):
I run it down by flying normally to first low level warning, or slightly less. Then take it inside and hold it down on my kitchen table. I start it up and rev it until it shuts off by itself. Trust me it will shut off eventually. This is a bit tedious, but it is fun also. The thing creates a HUGE breeze so be sure to move all lightweight items away. This is best done alone, as it will annoy the hell out of anyone not interested in what u r doing!!!!

Greyfox51 said:
Buckaye said:

I posted a similar question some time ago, and I don't think I got a single response. Like you, with DJI claiming 300+ cycles for their product, I had hoped lots of guys would post saying they'd got at least 100>. I would hate to think it was good for less; that would make this a very expensive hobby to feed.

LOL - it's an expensive hobby already :) But yeah - I'd like to hear from people who are having normal experiences with Batteries. Truth is though... I would imagine that a lot of people who aren't having any issues... also don't come to boards like this. I think there is a small subset of us who come to these boards even if things are going well to learn as much about the hobby as we can. (which is why I come here every day).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl