Gone back to 1.3 from 1.4

Reaction score
I have gone back to 1.3 from 1.4 because aim fed up with my phantom not flying in a straight line and drifting. Been for a test flight this afternoon and all seems back to normal. Only used the poi once so not too bothered about the new features in 1.4.

What firmware is in your R/C?

I have gone back to 1.3 from 1.4 because aim fed up with my phantom not flying in a straight line and drifting. Been for a test flight this afternoon and all seems back to normal. Only used the poi once so not too bothered about the new features in 1.4.
Some here would say that you are crazy for going back 1.3 but I,like you, am staying there for now. I have no issues and the new firmware offers me nothing that I want or need. It has been said that there may be a bug that has not reared it's ugly head yet in the old firmware. The same can be said for the new firmware, you could just as easily be introducing a bug to an otherwise healthy bird. It boils down to one thing, if you want to take advantage of the options the new firmware has to offer, upgrade, if not like me, stay with what you have. The theory that you must upgrade is total b.s. It is based on some people's opinions not facts. I actually have 127 full flights on 1.3 with absolutely no issues, why tempt fate if there is nothing in the new firmware that I want or need.

If you crashed with the old firmware on your bird, say good bye to your warranty. DJI gave you ample chances to upgrade... fix... your bird. Just a thought.

If you crashed with the old firmware on your bird, say good bye to your warranty. DJI gave you ample chances to upgrade... fix... your bird. Just a thought.
How have dji offered me a fix ? The updates seem to be all about new features. What are they fixing in the new firmware that will make me not crash.

This also is a myth. The only warranty issue one might have is if you crashed your bird from something that a firmware would have corrected, but as we know firmware does not cause crashes.(at least that is what all of the forum guru's say) Also if it is so imperitive to update why is dji' still shipping phantoms with 1.1.9 plus why would dji' let you revert to previous firmware?

Last edited:
Reactions: D4T_PoM
Did you have "No Signal" issue also or just drifting

Did you have "No Signal" issue also or just drifting
I never had the no signal issues, I have done 49 flights now and about 20 have been on the 1.4 firmware.it was just not stable,it would not hover as good as being on the 1.3 and when flying forward it would go to the left all the time, I was always correcting by pushing the control a bit to the right and forward to get it to fly in a straight line.

I thought one of the things that the newest FW addresses is drifting. Why would you not just try out 1.5.30? Someone in another thread reported that he tested the latest FW and his drifting is completely gone.

I thought one of the things that the newest FW addresses is drifting. Why would you not just try out 1.5.30? Someone in another thread reported that he tested the latest FW and his drifting is completely gone.
I went back to 1.3 because I know it's stable.if I went to 1.5 and it did not fix my drifting I could not go back to 1.3 only back to 1.4 which causes my drifting.

DJI do not say anywhere you MUST update to get warranty cover.

I am on 1.4 and will stay with that.

I'm on fw 1.1.9 still as it's stable. Annoyingly I purchased airnest app recently not knowing it would only work with 1.4 upwards. Although I would like to use the new features/app I'm hesitant to potentially create other issues.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1