Golden Gate with Vision 2+

jengo said:
I took my new Vision 2+ out the other day. The weather was amazing, little to no wind which is very unusual for this area. I gotta say, the PV2+ is a good upgrade over the 2 with Dronexpert gimbal. I love the new camera, its way better. The previous fish eye was just too **** harsh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y70cZW9JhKA&hd=1

Nice video! Is there a restriction about flying out/over/under GG Bridge? That's what I kept waiting for but it never came. :(

Good job though.

rostov007 said:
jengo said:
I took my new Vision 2+ out the other day. The weather was amazing, little to no wind which is very unusual for this area. I gotta say, the PV2+ is a good upgrade over the 2 with Dronexpert gimbal. I love the new camera, its way better. The previous fish eye was just too **** harsh.

Nice video! Is there a restriction about flying out/over/under GG Bridge? That's what I kept waiting for but it never came. :(

Good job though.

*shrug* I didn't wanna push my luck with it.

Mosleyh said:
Nice. How much post processing did you do (and what)?

Very mild color adjustments. I used Final Cut Pro X, ran analyze footage. Then adjusted blacks, mids and whites. Only did it for a few of the clips, not all.

Nice job. Quality is very good...got my + yesterday but winds here have been howling. It is killing me! May I ask what camera settings did you use to capture the video.

Awesome! Very well done. Congrats.

How many different locations did you film from to get all the shots? How many batteries and how long was the shoot, not including the post production activities? Did you have a list of shots or did you edit together what you got from the day shooting?

Nice job. Quality is very good...got my + yesterday but winds here have been howling. It is killing me! May I ask what camera settings did you use to capture the video.

1080p using the wide option. The narrow setting just seems to do a crop, which I could do my self in post. Doesn't make any sense to use it.

I tried out 1080i the other day and it was *horrible*! I am not even sure why they offer it as an option.

RedRyderMedia said:
Awesome! Very well done. Congrats.

How many different locations did you film from to get all the shots? How many batteries and how long was the shoot, not including the post production activities? Did you have a list of shots or did you edit together what you got from the day shooting?

I flew a total of 6 batteries. Most of it was spent hovering waiting for a good wave to come by for the surfers. I have a 32GB card, so I just left record on. The rest of it was just trying out a few different ways to get the shot. I think it was really over kill but I am not just trying to get the shots I needed, I was also having fun doing fly overs :D

As far as the number of locations. There were 4 spots that I went to by driving. However, 1 of those spots I did a bit of walking. That was at the beach. Those large rocks were at the other end of the beach The surfers were at 2 different locations.

I didn't really have a list of shots that I wanted. But I knew which locations I wanted to check out.

I spent about 4 - 5 hours in post. That includes, going through all the footage and selecting shots I liked. Then organizing my selections with the music. I split this up over 2 days. The first day it was just selecting shots that I liked and just having them as a long video. It was pretty much in order that they were shot.

The following day, I came back to it with a fresh view on what I wanted to do with those selections. First thing I did was cut out a bunch of very redundant shots. For example, I had 2 different fly overs up the hill towards me. The original set of shots was something like 6 or 7 minutes worth.

Very Nice! My Vision 2+ will make its maiden flight this weekend and videos like this are inspiring.

jengo said:

Very nice video. Can you tell me how the youtube version compares to what you see on your computer? I am trying to decide between the convenience of the P2V+ vs. P2/gimbal/gopro and am trying to figure out if the difference in video quality will bug me enough to go with the gopro option. I am just wondering if there is a lot of artifact in your video from the youtube compression compared to what you see on your computer. I want to like the P2V+ but some of the vids have me questioning what I want to do.

I have seen vids on vimeo of the P2V+ that are a lot cleaner than the youtube versions.

Thanks and great vid.

iamcdn said:
I am trying to decide between the convenience of the P2V+ vs. P2/gimbal/gopro and am trying to figure out if the difference in video quality will bug me enough to go with the gopro option. I am just wondering if there is a lot of artifact in your video from the youtube compression compared to what you see on your computer. I want to like the P2V+ but some of the vids have me questioning what I want to do.

I have seen vids on vimeo of the P2V+ that are a lot cleaner than the youtube versions.

Lots of good info here and you can also download his original, albeit heavily edited, video that was uploaded.

http://vimeo.com/92122965

panhygrous pantler said:
iamcdn said:
I am trying to decide between the convenience of the P2V+ vs. P2/gimbal/gopro and am trying to figure out if the difference in video quality will bug me enough to go with the gopro option. I am just wondering if there is a lot of artifact in your video from the youtube compression compared to what you see on your computer. I want to like the P2V+ but some of the vids have me questioning what I want to do.

Lots of good info here and you can also download his original, albeit heavily edited, video that was uploaded.

http://vimeo.com/92122965

Thanks. I actually just found the golden gate vid on Vimeo as well so it helps answer my question.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4