Going to Kenya

Reaction score
So I'm going to Kenya in 2 weeks:

Think about bringing my drone (it will be check but it's in a hardshell case) P3P
Were going to Kenya Wild Life park and think I could get some GREAT pictures / video

Any thought.

So I'm going to Kenya in 2 weeks:

Think about bringing my drone (it will be check but it's in a hardshell case) P3P
Were going to Kenya Wild Life park and think I could get some GREAT pictures / video

Any thought.
Make sure you take your batteries out of the case and carry them on the plane as carry-on. They will be confiscated if you check them. No spare uninstalled Li-POs are allowed in checked bags. LiPos are only allowed in checked bags if they are installed in a device, like an iPad, iPhone, etc.

Make sure you're comfortable with hand catching the drone before you leave, you'll probably want to do that at least once on the trip.

Make sure you take an ND16 or ND32 neutral density filter, the sun can be bright over there.

You might want to consider taking one of the cheapy Chinese backpacks with you. Take it as carry on with your batteries inside, but mostly empty going over (super light). Then when you get to Kenya, transfer the craft from the hard case to the backpack, it's much lighter to hike around with, only 12lbs on your back, versus 23lbs with a microrapter hardcase to tote. Then when coming back home you'll have some extra room in the backpack to bring home souvenirs.

Last edited:
Are lipo bags required?
Not for carry on, but nice to have, actually safer. Airlines prefer them to be discharged, and that makes sense from a safety point of view. However they never check, even though it's super easy to check with Phantom batteries.

Last edited:
You lucky person. I used to live in Niarobi .You will get some great movies from the Tsavo National Park.

I love Kenya and Tanzania. Lived there for a few months as well. The Voi safari lodge in Tsavo East is awesome - would be amazing flying there. The Aberdares are pretty spectacular as well - not the place in Wales lol.

Would love to see your videos!!!

Well talk to my host and the Kenya Gov't is not allowing people to bring in there drone as of Sept 1st. You can get a commercial permit but the process take more time than I have before I leave. Bummer I really bet I could got some amazing shots on Safari!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers