Going to jump into a p3p!!

Reaction score
Want to say hi to everybody on the form I'm new trying to get all my information down before make the jump into a phantom three professional. I have no real background and drones or quad copters however you you guys call. But I have flown RC helicopters for a while so I can't see being much harder than that. I spent the last six hours on the form going through stuff trying to figure out what's the best thing to do and by then I think I'm gonna get the bundle with the extra battery the hardshell case and I'm gonna pick up a used iPad 2 with cellular. Is there anything else I should get while I'm at it I got about 1800 put aside.

Reactions: snerd
Have had mine for a week and like it. Love the go professional case for it. And also have a hardshell back pack case for hiking into the back country of Colorado. Just jumped from pilot app on android to a new ipad air 2. Much better!! Just make sure you keep tabs on your sensors and keep a healthy compass calibration on the little bird! Enjoy!!

Sweet difficulty will do. Another good question where's a good online store to buy a p3p that has the firmware updated and is a reasonable price?

Just Gregg

What exactly made the iPad Air better than the Android? More features? Easier to see? Please explain. I have an Android tablet, I'm willing to go to an iPad, but need a reason.

Pick up and extra battery or two. It's not much fun flying with one battery :(

Reactions: Buckaye
Welcome to the forum duddie :)
Make sure ya download the manual and watch all the You Tubes ya can
before it gets here and you be way ahead in the game when it gets here .
Keep on reading in here and not just in P3 section as there's no
more info anywhere else ! Is where DJI gets there info ;)
Fly safe and be happy !

Thanx for all the advice guys I'm so excited I think Amazon is the way I'm going to go. I saw a few threads about what sellers are authorized retailers for dji and there deals are pretty sweet. Another question tho about firmware I've read so so so much about it and and getting lose in the who thing. What should I stick with and what should I avoid. I know that when I get a p3p it could be at any stage depending on how long it has day in the inventory rack for.

Ok so before I went and dropped 1800 I went to my local hobby shop and talk to the guy. I spent about 2 hrs talking about everything quad and got to see a demo of the blade Crome the dji p3p and a few smaller the proto x nano and the blade inductrix. After a very long talk I picked up the blade inductrix. It's been a while since my helis been out and I wanted to get the feel for 6axis. This little this is amazing and I wish I bought 5 battery's so I didn't have to wait an hr to fly. I figure I will spend a month or so flying around practicing with this then pick up the p3p or maybe save up and get an inspire ha.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439003007.125089.jpg

Just Gregg

What exactly made the iPad Air better than the Android? More features? Easier to see? Please explain. I have an Android tablet, I'm willing to go to an iPad, but need a reason.
I have a Galaxy Note 4 as my main phone and a iPad mini 2 as a dedicated Quad tablet. I used my phone once because my ipad was dead. Anyway the experience was awful. About a 5-10 second lag. BTW the Note 4 has more than capable hardware. My ipad mini 2 is the smoothest experience I have ever had. You wont regret switching. Not to mention the app store is a lot better if it isnt a dedicated quad tablet.

True izzydrone. I'm still trying to hammer out all the details of the p3p and what accesories I want also I just learned my town had a model aircraft ordinance which doesn't allow me to fly any public place in my town. Kinda a learning curve for me. With in the next few weeks I'll have a p3p and a new iPad hahaha

Hey JHammy123 - The iPad mini 2 that you are using....does it have retina display. I read in another website from a P3P user that it did not work. If you can please share the exact iPad mini model number that you are using. I am in the process of searching for a monitor for my P3P. Would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Shadow I hope the retina display is comparable I just picked up a iPad mini 3 wifi+Cell

I read the same...that it may not be. Please post your experience with it once you find out. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj