Going to China by the end of month

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New pilot here with only a few hours in the sky but doing quite well . I am going to China, Beijing, Shanghai and 2 other smaller cities by the end of month and I want to the my new "baby" with me.

I already read articles about LiPo batteries and how to transport them on the plane. I bought a backpack for the Phantom and LiPo bags for the batteries. I know I should bring them onboard and notify the TSA about the batteries.

I searched google for "Chinese FAA rules" but found only little info so I am not exactly sure about the No Fly Zones.

Anyone have any information or tips?

Thank You!

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.
Please do not post duplicate topics around the forum. Please post in the correct areas. ;)

I am unsure of the rules for China but you could start here with this search I did - Google Custom Search
Also, I have never "notified TSA" about my batteries. I keep them in my case. They x-ray it on the belt, sometimes they swabbed it for explosives and off I went. I have had the same scenario with my laptop, so nothing unusual for TSA.

Have a safe trip!

Thank You and sorry for the duplicate. I originally wanted to post this to "general discuss" but somehow ended up in Phantom 3 Standard.

Hello everyone. New pilot here with only a few hours in the sky but doing quite well . I am going to China, Beijing, Shanghai and 2 other smaller cities by the end of month and I want to the my new "baby" with me.

I already read articles about LiPo batteries and how to transport them on the plane. I bought a backpack for the Phantom and LiPo bags for the batteries. I know I should bring them onboard and notify the TSA about the batteries.

I searched google for "Chinese FAA rules" but found only little info so I am not exactly sure about the No Fly Zones.

Anyone have any information or tips?

Thank You!
Don, Did you get to take your Phantom to China? I'm headed to China next week to Nantong outside of Shanghai. I'm debating whether to take my P3P. I was surprised that China seems fairly open to drones. Can you tell me if you had any negative experiences with authorities or do you have any words of caution?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers