Going Manual Mode

Reaction score
thinking of getting my v2+ to manual mode instead of Fail safe, any advice of what to ????? THE UNknown????? ADVICE Please :geek:

You'll probably crash it, so remove the camera and gimbal first :cool:

that bad? fly a old nitro heli with just tail giro, main concer is TX not having the clicker on throttle

I've never tried manual. But, I wouldn't do it with my $700 camera and gimbal attached.

I STRONGLY suggest you go buy a toy one like the Syma or Hubsan X4 first. If you have never flown one manual then I can almost 100% guarantee you that you will crash it.

marg2 said:
thinking of getting my v2+ to manual mode instead of Fail safe, any advice of what to ????? THE UNknown????? ADVICE Please :geek:
If you are comfortable in ATTI mode, then manual mode flies pretty much the same except that you need more throttle to maintain altitude.
Go up 100 ft and fly a bit in ATTI mode to get a feel for the winds. Switch to manual mode and add throttle. Practice hovering a while, make small moves and have fun. You will find the controls are more sensitive, so be gentle. If things get out of control, switch back to GPS mode.

Thank Steve got me 80% foward to do it, will take the old heli and practice, wanna do so real estate filming and think manual will be more natural,

SteveMann said:
marg2 said:
If you are comfortable in ATTI mode, then manual mode flies pretty much the same except that you need more throttle to maintain altitude.
Go up 100 ft and fly a bit in ATTI mode to get a feel for the winds. Switch to manual mode and add throttle. Practice hovering a while, make small moves and have fun. You will find the controls are more sensitive, so be gentle. If things get out of control, switch back to GPS mode.
Do you fly in manual mode ?

What kind of real estate flying? House and roof surveys would be best on atti. If you are doing land parcels I would suggest GPS with ground station. To make it more "natural" set GS to do banking turns instead of stop and yaw.

Spiritskeeper said:
What kind of real estate flying? House and roof surveys would be best on atti. If you are doing land parcels I would suggest GPS with ground station. To make it more "natural" set GS to do banking turns instead of stop and yaw.
Ok how do you do that ???

Mori55 said:
Do you fly in manual mode ?
Before I got the Phantom most of my flying was in manual mode until I got a working GPS and IMU for my 3DR Hex. I bent a lot of metal before I finally got the hang of it.
Flying the Phantom in manual mode is not easy, but it does develop good reflexes and a feel for the aircraft performance.

I have to agree with Meta4, Manual mode might be more suited to crazy stunt flying. Hard to see how it would be at all helpful for real estate filming because the controls are really sensitive.

Good luck!

Meta4 said:
marg2 said:
wanna do so real estate filming and think manual will be more natural,
Manual mode might be more suited to crazy stunt flying.
Hard to see how it would be at all helpful for real estate filming.

manual mode is purely for sport imo. sets all settings to max gains, therefore it will climb the fastest tilt the steepest descend the quickest and crash the hardest. lol :lol:

however it will flip and roll and generally act completely insane ( beast mode comes to mind ) and with the right pilot will make your jaw drop and fall in love with phantom all over again....

:mrgreen:

Mori55 said:
Spiritskeeper said:
Ok how do you do that ???

I have spent the last few hours looking for the setting. Either I am going insane, DJI has removed it or I am not looking in the right place. It used to be in the Vision app i believe. If someone else knows where the bank option lives please let us know. Even without the bank option I would use Ground Station in the vision app. Manual mode is for people who have the money, knowledge and time to crash the bird until they learn it without thinking. These are the Jedi Masters. I have removed manual mode from my s1 switch. Top -> GPS Mid -> Atti Bottom -> Return to Home.

I keep manual mode on my remote just in case my quad decides to autoland. Manual will override everything, so I can get a bit of height for my quad in case of emergency. I have to say that it is VERY hard to fly in manual however. I have done my only loops with my Vision+ in manual mode (yes I have videos). Much height is needed followed by a quick return to GPS mode for recovery. I would suggest a few hundred feet minimum!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic