Going "Live"?

Reaction score
Can anyone direct me on how to go live on Facebook and Youtube with my Phantom III Standard? I have an android phone if that matters at all.

Hi! Here's how to stream to YouTube:
1. Log into YouTube and click your icon in the top right
2. Click "Creator Studio"
3. Click "Live Streaming" in the left side bar
4. Fill in "Basic Info"
5. Open the DJI Go app and go onto the camera screen
6. Tap the "..." in the top right corner
7. Toggle "YouTube Live Streaming" on
8. Choose "Custom Mode"
9. Enter in the stream name and server url that you see on the YouTube dashboard
10. Tap "Start"

Actually, never mind that. I gave you directions for DJI drones that connect via Lightbridge and USB. The P3S connects to your phone via WiFi, so you can not connect to two networks at once (one to get video from drone and one to upload to Youtube). I'm not sure if you can do it over cellular though. Sorry :(

Update: Now thinking about it, you could get a micro USB or USB C (whatever your phone has) to HDMI adapter and get something like this to stream your phone's screen to YouTube.

Last edited:
I have the standard and use an iPhone 5. I have streamed to both YouTube and FB. You do have to set up YouTube on a desktop first to enable the live stream feature. After that, in the Go app, just click live stream and follow directions. Same with FB.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Don't feel left out. Streaming to FB isn't the best. It's a bit choppy and freezes if you snap a picture. Plus you get all the surrounding noise and app noises.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl