Going from RC Heli to Quad

Reaction score
I have flown RC helicopters for a number of years and am fairly comfortable with more advanced flight (inverted, piro flips, etc.) using 450 and 500 class helicopters. I am assuming that transitioning to the quad will be a walk in the park. Anyone else going from RC Heli to quad who can weigh in? Should I purchase a small toy quad or will it be unnecessary? Any recs on the best toy quad? Thanks.

nsxtacy716 said:
I have flown RC helicopters for a number of years and am fairly comfortable with more advanced flight (inverted, piro flips, etc.) using 450 and 500 class helicopters. I am assuming that transitioning to the quad will be a walk in the park. Anyone else going from RC Heli to quad who can weigh in? Should I purchase a small toy quad or will it be unnecessary? Any recs on the best toy quad? Thanks.

I fly helis,airplanes and quads. Had my raptor 550E sport out this morning. I have yet to get the phantom vision but will soon. I have flown the DJI NAZA 450 and 550. Yes....no real flying skills required. You have the orientation in all attitudes mastered. Common sense will rule. You will be amazed at self leveling, GPS and altitude hold....I certainly was. The biggest thing will being willing to learn the new systems and not take chances. The flying is easy but going in over confident and in a hurry to get into the air too quickly could cause some expensive grief. If you take a little time you will have a fun experience. The flying is so sedate that once the novelty wears off you will find yourself getting bored. With a photo quad I think of "going on missions". LOL.

If you're already an experienced Heli pilot, then heck, you're probably already better flyer than many Phantom owners.

It's super easy to fly and learn on,. just try starting off in a wide open area with no trees and with your experience with RC controls, you'll probably master it after a few flights.

I've been flying planks and helis since the early 70's and can say flying the Plus will be slightly less difficult than sitting on a bench and watching a beginner learning to hover a heli. ;)

You will have no problems ........ other than maybe being a bit bored.

You'll have no issues. Now, I've gone the opposite direction from a phantom to a Heli...that is an ugly story! I've crashed more times than I care to remember. Think I've bought every spare part that Horizon hobby makes. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20