Going from PV2 to P3. I have questions! :)

Nope, old version, at least the motors are. I knew I should have waited another week!
I would call them, & complain, due to the increasing number of people that have to take these precautions in order to prevent stress cracking, or the people who dont take the measures & experience the cracks, i would ask for a new one. Due to the 30 day policy they have, surely they would accept a return, DJI would not accept it but since you got it from Drones Ect they would. Did you get it from Amazon & Drones Ect was the retailer?

And 6000 feet is a lot especially for an urban area! But 1800ft is not very impressive considering DJI claims 1.5 miles lol well it looks like I'll be getting that wind surfer. Won't hurt. Are a lot of people doing it ?
My longest distance in urban area was over 8700 feet. Full bars with the Wind Surfer.

My longest distance in urban area was over 8700 feet. Full bars with the Wind Surfer.

That's incredible !! Does the signal drop or lag at all when you make turns. The P2 had that issue a lot.

Also, which wind surfer do you have? Is it all aluminum or does it contain a plastic back side ?

That's incredible !! Does the signal drop or lag at all when you make turns. The P2 had that issue a lot.

Also, which wind surfer do you have? Is it all aluminum or does it contain a plastic back side ?

I have the plastic back one. Not too many lags. Overall much improved over the P2. Just have to make sure you point the remote correctly for good signal.

I have the aluminum one, tripled my range :)

You'll love it. The P3 is a gigantic tech leap beyond the P2 series.
Instant connection, no losing radio signal when you get out 1800 ft or when you rotate the Phantom and smooth video on your tablet.
Your range will be much more than you are used to.

The camera is/was cheaper than a replacement was for the P2V+ and the gimbal is about as fragile .. perhaps a little stronger.
The cheapest and most effective protection for the camera is: Don't crash and hand catch.

They see Phantoms all the time at airports and pay very little attention to them.
Hard to say how the TSA will welcome you. Say hello to the nice TSA man and see what happens.

ok I have a question guys. I just got my phantom 3 advanced in the mail!

What update should I do? 3.02? or 4.01?

The DJI website states that the 4.01 doesnt contain the controller update and im confused on which one to update? I was thinking to do the 3.02 then the 4.01.

thanks

Nope, old version, at least the motors are. I knew I should have waited another week!
Many people feel the older motors are better. They are more powerful and have larger shafts. Plus it looks better quality. DJI claims they changed to the new motors because of production issues (they couldn't keep up with the demand)

Now, what is important to check is if you have a new shell....

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vanjo Grale
Many people feel the older motors are better. They are more powerful and have larger shafts. Plus it looks better quality. DJI claims they changed to the new motors because of production issues (they couldn't keep up with the demand)

Now, what is important to check is if you have a new shell....

Here is the thread on how to check for a new shell

How to tell if you have old shell or new... | DJI Phantom Forum

ok I have a question guys. I just got my phantom 3 advanced in the mail!
What update should I do? 3.02? or 4.01?
The DJI website states that the 4.01 doesnt contain the controller update and im confused on which one to update? I was thinking to do the 3.02 then the 4.01.
First, go into the app and find out what version is on your machine.
Like this:
i-bW2PvLd-L.png

If needed, update your Phantom to v1.4.0010 and your controller to v1.3.20 and you'll have the latest versions.

First, go into the app and find out what version is on your machine.
Like this:
i-bW2PvLd-L.png

If needed, update your Phantom to v1.4.0010 and your controller to v1.3.20 and you'll have the latest versions.

oh I see. Thanks! my quad came the batteries all on low! im charging them now! very anxious to fly!

So my controller is 1.3.20 so im good. but the craft is also 1.3.20 so i guess I will be updating the craft only/

Another questions. I heard there is a goggle mode. how to I turn that on?

ok first flight successful. didnt have it fully charged but I wanted to fly anyways

first impressions:

alot smoother flight and maneuverability over the p2

the props are annoying to put on. you cannot just spin them on like before, I actually had to hold the motors with one hand and turn the prop with the other

kinda annoying when you upload videos, not as simple

I used a 32gb SD card and my app kept saying "slow SD card" ? works fine on my gopro.

still need to learn alot more. These batteries are taking forever to charge

Supported SD Card Types
Micro SD Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required

do you know if there is a way to activate goggle mode and allow for a split screen?
Did you see that video of that guy flying out of his car?

the SD card still worked but ill put the original one back on

ok first flight successful. didnt have it fully charged but I wanted to fly anyways

first impressions:

alot smoother flight and maneuverability over the p2

the props are annoying to put on. you cannot just spin them on like before, I actually had to hold the motors with one hand and turn the prop with the other

kinda annoying when you upload videos, not as simple

I used a 32gb SD card and my app kept saying "slow SD card" ? works fine on my gopro.

still need to learn alot more. These batteries are taking forever to charge

I find it so much smoother and faster when coming down - I hated the way the P2V+ would either go down or forward but had a hard time doing both. Love the way it revs up at start too - reminds me of a sports car.

How is your gimbal level? I'm finding I have to constantly adjust mine a degree or two even after IMU and compass calibrations.

I find it so much smoother and faster when coming down - I hated the way the P2V+ would either go down or forward but had a hard time doing both. Love the way it revs up at start too - reminds me of a sports car.

How is your gimbal level? I'm finding I have to constantly adjust mine a degree or two even after IMU and compass calibrations.

Yeah I know what you mean. It comes down much faster and is much smoother in flight hands down.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl