Reaction score
I've experienced my first water crash! "Fortunately" it was in fresh water. I was able to retrieve it from the river within a few minutes. Lights were flashing and the camera was still moving. Small dent in the aluminum lens housing, probably hit a rock.

I powered off and pulled the battery. Couldn't take it apart till the following day, but removed the top half, unplugged GPS, let air dry for a week.

Put it all together and fired it up with a new battery, everything turns on and can fly.

GPS does not seem to work, though the DJI App (for Android) reads satellite connections.
Livestream from camera-to-app does not seem to work, there is only a black screen, though pictures and video can still be triggered with the DJI App. I pulled the SD card to check and pics/video had been recorded to the card.

What can I try to fix? What can I answer in more detail? Thanks for any help!

Welcome to the forum!.
Somebody should help you out, in a recent post, it was brought up that the video and data coming from the Phantom to the remote, is on two different signals or channels, where all along I have thought that video and telemetry came in on the same signal. So on that note, probably not much help but anyways.

So you are getting a satellite count of zero?

Thanks for the reply! I thought the camera signal was all-in-one too, would you be able to redirect me to that post? From that brief description, it seems like one of my camera signals is having trouble.

I've attached pictures below of the crash damage. The GPS unit seems to be fine, no cracks or chips.

DJI App shows connection to 6+ satellites, but then shows movement drift even with drone on the ground. See app screenshots below for detail.

Lens dent - does not interfere with pictures or video
phantom lens damage .jpg

GPS "back"
phantom repair GPS 2.jpg

GPS "Front" , apparently undamaged
phantom repair GPS.jpg

DJI App screenshot (drone stationary on ground)
Phantom Repair GPS Screenshot (3).png

DJI App Screenshot after a few minutes - further distance drift ( with drone stationary on ground)

Phantom Repair GPS Screenshot (2).png

Thanks for the reply! I thought the camera signal was all-in-one too, would you be able to redirect me to that post? From that brief description, it seems like one of my camera signals is having trouble.

I've attached pictures below of the crash damage. The GPS unit seems to be fine, no cracks or chips.

DJI App shows connection to 6+ satellites, but then shows movement drift even with drone on the ground. See app screenshots below for detail.

Lens dent - does not interfere with pictures or videoView attachment 60763
GPS "back"View attachment 60764

GPS "Front" , apparently undamaged
View attachment 60765

DJI App screenshot (drone stationary on ground)
View attachment 60767

DJI App Screenshot after a few minutes - further distance drift ( with drone stationary on ground)

View attachment 60766
The camera says ouch, I am surprised nobody has jumped in yet, I will look tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31