Going down. How much throttle for it not to fall?

Reaction score
How do you guys do a controlled descending when far up in the sky, say, you can't really see it's speed?

How many percent (100% is full up, 50% is hover) do you place the throttle in?

I mean, I realize if you push too low it will go into prop wash and eventually fall. Does it?

Well, I've used two approaches, the first involves dropping the throttle level to 25% until it comes within sight and then adjust accordingly. When I've lost sight of my Phantom, I've resorted to turning the transmitter off! Of course, I only did it when I know I had 24 Green lights during start up.

Of course, when I did that I thought for sure it was gone for good, so I started walking around my subdivision looking for the wreckage. Having given up I was walking back to my home when I saw my Phantom sitting in the middle of my driveway. It was within 6 feet of where it took off! You can't believe how relieved I was! I vowed never to do that again. I put labels on the hull and on my batteries with my name, phone number and a $200 reward notice!

Best regards,

-Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow, that's truly a great story! And also - I have though of putting such labels. I will do so!

On the turning off of the remote; a better way is to set the right top switch to include Failsafe mode in the second ATT mode.

Safest way is to drop altitude and go around in a small circle to avoid the extreme prop wash if you want to descend quickly, but this is assuming you have a visual of the craft as your meant to at all times unless in FPV. Flying LOS you should always maintain visual and so if you cant see it or relying on RTH to get back your taking big risks. See all people claiming flyaway's, if your flying LOS and have no visual it has technically already flown away and that is 100% pilot error. In this case your flying blind, relying in IOC with poor GPS will revert it to course lock not home lock and so it wont necessarily fly back home. Going to RTH when you have lost LOS and no idea how far away you are and late into the flight there is a good chance it will run out of juice before making it back.

Using manual mode you can just pitch the nose down and let it fall making sure you slow down and level out before hitting the ground, its the quickest smoothest way down avoiding prop wash, likely riskiest too but great fun even in FPV ;)

Stupid question: what does LOS stand for?

On the manual thing-wow! Seems powerful, but I am very far from this:)

On flying in circles-this ive read many times, but how to do it? Seems a bit hard to acomplish.

What exactly is prop wash? Less dense air?

LOS= Line of sight.
Prop wash= the disturbed air from the thrust of the props.
Flying in circles= eye hand control. Practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20