Going Bananas - upload to YouTube is mush.

Reaction score
Edited a sequence in Davinci Resolve 12.5.

Rendered as
  • 1080p "YouTube" Custom
  • Quicktime
  • H.264
  • 29.97 frame rate
  • 1920 x 1080 resolution
  • Quality "automatic"; keyframes "automatic; Frame re-ordering on.
It plays on YouTube at best as 720 (1080 isn't offered) and it looks mushy. Not at all like the 600 MB .MOV file (that seems pretty large for a few minutes...).

I've converted it to .MP4 and get the same results after uploading to YouTube

Anything that I'm doing obviously wrong?

Any reason DaVR doesn't output directly to .MP4?

upload_2017-5-14_18-17-41.png

be patient - YouTube puts up a low res to start with and over the next few hours it should update to the proper resolutions

DaVinci Resolve's rendering is still a bit patchy, I think it's something to do with it trying to be all things to all men rather than the advanced pro colour grading software it started out as. I have found that outputting uncompressed YUV 422 10-bit gives the best results but poor playback in many media players so at this stage I use Handbrake to create the mp4 file

One I did last night - pther than a few colour tweaks it's unedited (no cuts etc) output as above and then finished in Handbrake

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Patience paid off - it did finally show as a 1080p. But quality isn't as good as what I uploaded.

Thanks for the tip about waiting - but I've uploaded others that were fine right from the start.

So you render to YUV 422 then HB to an .MP4? Is the YUV 422 container .MOV? (Mac)

Patience paid off - it did finally show as a 1080p. But quality isn't as good as what I uploaded.

Thanks for the tip about waiting - but I've uploaded others that were fine right from the start.

So you render to YUV 422 then HB to an .MP4? Is the YUV 422 container .MOV? (Mac)

yes it is .mov and be careful where you download Handbrake from because there was some talk about it having some issues on the Mac version

We always lose some quality uploading to Youtube as it compresses the video

yes it is .mov and be careful where you download Handbrake from because there was some talk about it having some issues on the Mac version

We always lose some quality uploading to Youtube as it compresses the video

Yet, some of my video looks pristine and the latest one looks pretty bad .... not to mention some HD on YouTube that is pixel perfect to my eyes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.