Going Accessory Crazy!!!!

Reaction score
Hey all....
I decided to add all of the things I wanted on my plain Jane P2. I'm attempting to add the following:
1. I'm using my new Futaba T10CAG and a separate Futaba R6014FS receiver.i bought them separate.
2. HML 650 Landing Gear made for my P2 (mechanically fits).
3. Black Pearl RC801 receiver and 200mw transmitter 5.8 ghz with cables.
4. iOSD mini.
5. Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal
6. SJ4000 Camera Sports model with water proof case (case not used).
7. LK24-BT Datalink.
Those are the major items. Unreal, right?
I started today to install just the receiver but figured as long as the P2 is open, I might as well install everything! Bad move. I need to sort out everything and put it in baggies. I've already started.
While trying to install these items, I found problems. Wiring and mechanical. See below:
1. The SJ4000 camera and the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal. I removed the camera out of the waterproof case and placed it on the mounting plate of the gimbal. The SJ4000 is slightly bigger than the mount. I read here that some people used the SJ4000 instead of the GoPro 3 camera.
2. While trying to fit the camera, I tried to see if the Zenmus gimbal would plug into the camera. The small ribbon cable on the gimbal plugged into a USB plug adapter. The USB plug is the bigger version and the camera has the slimmer version. No dice. The other cables I'm a bit confused. It kinda looks like the cables go through the gimbal? Does that also need a different battery for that? I don't think so. Right?
3. I'm going to order the 600 mw transmitter in place of the 200 mw transmitter. I don't think I'm going to have a problem there. The transmitter came with a square directional antenna. Unless the monitor receiver uses it along with one of the small dome antennas. There are 2 of them.
4. How do you power the transmitter? Do I need another battery or can I tap into the P2 battery? I know that would take away minutes of flight. If I need another battery onboard, what would I need and where would I put it?
5. I need to plug in the landing gear to the Futaba receiver. The two retracts servos are combined into one connector. Where or what channel would I plug it into? Would it be channel 8? I can configure the transmitter switch ok I think. Do I need another battery for the retracts? Can I tap into the P2 battery instead?
6. I'm not going to touch the datalink yet. Or should I as long as the P2 is open. :) I'll do some reading up on it first. I know I need to tie it in somewhere.
Well.... That's enough for now. I'm sure I'll be asking a lot more tomorrow.
I'm going to get myself a beer or 12 and chill out.:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 643
Holy craaaaap dude! That's all more modified than my approach (I went with accessories that took as little modification as possible... Gopro... Kumbacam... Ground station) I might add an iosmini... But that'll probably be it for me. (Until I get the inspire lol)

I'd suggest (just for trouble shooting purposes) you install one item and then fly... Then the next.. The ol scientific method :). Otherwise if you run into problems you won't know which variable caused it.

Good luck! I wish I could answer your specific questions... But your venturing into deeper modification mode than I am brave enough to!!!

Let us know how it turns out!

Buckaye said:
Holy craaaaap dude! That's all more modified than my approach (I went with accessories that took as little modification as possible... Gopro... Kumbacam... Ground station) I might add an iosmini... But that'll probably be it for me. (Until I get the inspire lol)

I'd suggest (just for trouble shooting purposes) you install one item and then fly... Then the next.. The ol scientific method :). Otherwise if you run into problems you won't know which variable caused it.

Good luck! I wish I could answer your specific questions... But your venturing into deeper modification mode than I am brave enough to!!!

Yeah... Pretty scary. I just hope it still flys after all of this hardware! I may need to upgrade to a Inspire. :lol: (I wish)
I'm stuck here in the house for a week or two because of some post surgery. No big deal, but I'm bored as heck. I think this will keep me busy and crazy!

Crank said:
Buckaye said:

Yeah... Pretty scary. I just hope it still flys after all of this hardware! I may need to upgrade to a Inspire. :lol: (I wish)
I'm stuck here in the house for a week or two because of some post surgery. No big deal, but I'm bored as heck. I think this will keep me busy and crazy!

That's a good reason!!! Hope you feel better

Yes. Unreal.

The SJ4000 is a POS when compared to the H3B/H4B and is not compatible with the H3-3D.

Awesome dude! So xtreme!

very interested to see how you get on with the Futaba & the retracts, i've made my own retracts but really not sure about swopping the the receiver (so mine do work remotely yet)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOOt74RuSds[/youtube]

p fandango said:
very interested to see how you get on with the Futaba & the retracts, i've made my own retracts but really not sure about swopping the the receiver (so mine do work remotely yet)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOOt74RuSds[/youtube]
Your retracts look great! Mine are about the same as yours except mine seems slower moving. I'd rather have your speed.
Yeah, this build is going to be a hoot, that's for sure.

hemorrhagic flyer said:
Yes. Unreal.

The SJ4000 is a POS when compared to the H3B/H4B and is not compatible with the H3-3D.

Awesome dude! So xtreme!
The SJ4000 is it for now. I'll try and figure a way to make it all work.
This build may be too extreme but that's half the fun. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik