Goggles

Reaction score
Dji phantom 3 professional. .flew once so far weather nasty up state ny.....getting ready for good weather can't wait. Bought fatshark v2 hd. Googles ..started spending money ,on the transmitter bought immersion 5.8gh 600mw transmitter ,spironet antenna .the more I read I don't even nead it, just use the hdmi cable. Is that right? So what's the transmitter for,and antenna. Will my goggles be wires less ,will my tablet work at the same time as my goggles. ..just asking they where shipped from eBay won my bid..can't wait to play...

originally the fatshark googles were for quads/planes that you mounted a transmitter on the bird with a camera...
then as DJI introduced their own version of video transmit fatshark added the HDMI option.... but for the phantom set you have to install the HDMI module on the back side of your phantom controller... cause there isn't a HDMI output on a stock phantom controller... so with your fatsharks you will have two options for use...
1) you can use the immersion with other setups... like planes or other quads... even mount it on a RC car if you want... Ive even seen them mounted on a dog... ;-)
2) you can use the HDMI option for your phantom... as long as you have the HDMI option mounted on your phantom controller...

If you want to use Fat shark with P3, the best option would be to use Fat shark Dominator V3 without any additional fat shark accessories. You will need DJI's HDMI module for RC.

With this arrangement, you can have two views simultaneously, one on Tablet and other on Fat shark Goggles.

I had earlier used fat shark dominator v3 but I switched to Accupix Mybud $199 later as that suited me better. It's personal choice.

I'll be getting a shield tablet. It has hdmi out, If I connect goggles to the hdmi out will the tablet still have its screen on and functional? Any idea?
edit: beeline, beat me to it :p

I'd like to know the answers to your questions as well, Travis. Shield won't arrive until Thursday.

I'd like to know the answers to your questions as well, Travis. Shield won't arrive until Thursday.
If I had to guess, I bet there is an option on the shield somewhere to duplicate the display (hopefully). I am hoping I can plug in goggles and let my daughter wear them while I fly via the tablet screen/vlos. Im sure somebody with a shield can let us know :)

I'll be getting a shield tablet. It has hdmi out, If I connect goggles to the hdmi out will the tablet still have its screen on and functional? Any idea?
edit: beeline, beat me to it :p
I'm curious how the latency is with that Sheild setup. If the RC USB cable delivers video to the Shield, and the Shield converts the video to HDMI, then takes that to the goggles via HDMI out, I'm wondering if the latency is greater than going straight from the RC HMDI output to the goggles. Has anyone here done this kind of comparison?

I have tried my shield with my Fatshark HD goggles plugged in to my shield, I can not see any noticable latency. I also have the HDMI module on my RC and when plugged in to that it just looks the same as the feed from my Shield.

If you want to use Fat shark with P3, the best option would be to use Fat shark Dominator V3 without any additional fat shark accessories. You will need DJI's HDMI module for RC.

With this arrangement, you can have two views simultaneously, one on Tablet and other on Fat shark Goggles.

I had earlier used fat shark dominator v3 but I switched to Accupix Mybud $199 later as that suited me better. It's personal choice.
Good Morning. Where did you find the Accupix Mybud for $199?

I wouldn't bother with fatshark if you are only going to use it on the digital phantom platform. Get a refund on your items.

Headplay looks to me the best value for HD digital flying but you will look strange to everyone when you wear them.

Thankyou for info last night looked up racing drones on utube hooked ..2nd drone I'll be ordering.this is for practice for big bird 3.witch one should I order .I'll have farshark v2 hd plus immersion 5.8gh 600mw spironet antennas.

I ditched the fatsharks and went with the Headplay goggles, In my opinion they are so much nicer to fly with, and the savings i was able to buy another P3 battery.

I ditched the fatsharks and went with the Headplay goggles, In my opinion they are so much nicer to fly with, and the savings i was able to buy another P3 battery.
Yeah, I like my Headplay HDs also, excellent value and clear view, like an Imax theater. However they are kinda big to lug around. I use mine when flying locally when I'm near my car.

I have tried my shield with my Fatshark HD goggles plugged in to my shield, I can not see any noticable latency. I also have the HDMI module on my RC and when plugged in to that it just looks the same as the feed from my Shield.
That's good to know for an optional setup, thanks.

Yeah, I like my Headplay HDs also, excellent value and clear view, like an Imax theater. However they are kinda big to lug around. I use mine when flying locally when I'm near my car.
Yeah large they are, I just bought a smaller camera bag and I loop the handles through the top of my GoProf backpack.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers