Goggles or monitor? Way to do both?

Reaction score
I really want to try FPV, but I don't know if I should do goggles or a monitor. I'd think a monitor would be harder because of distractions in your peripheral vision, but at the same time I'd think goggles could get you in trouble if you needed to get a direct look at the quad for something (particularly landing).

Do the goggles or monitor with rx built in normally have a video in/out as well so you could daisy-chain them together? Then if I'm wearing goggles others can watch too, etc..

Hi,
I just got some Zeiss Cinemizer glasses that plug into iPad or iPhone. They mirror your app view so others can watch at the same time. There's a thread on this in p2v+ forum. :D

Currently I'm using the monitor, but even with the sunshades on I find it a bit annoying that I have to angle myself in a way to get as much shadow as possible onto the screen.

I'm thinking about getting goggles myself as well, but the downside I see right now is that I won't be able to look out for my point of view (unless I get the super-expensive googles, but I'd rather just put it towards a new body just in case something catastrophic happens).

I think in theory, you can use both at the same time. The TX just broadcasts the signal and the RX (if both are on the same channel) should receive it, kind of like those old television sets.

I didn't think about both having built in receivers - or using a second external receiver. I was thinking one would receive and pass the video through to the other... I guess that would make it a little less expensive since you wouldn't have to buy a second rx or monitor with it built in.

rctoyguy said:
I didn't think about both having built in receivers - or using a second external receiver. I was thinking one would receive and pass the video through to the other... I guess that would make it a little less expensive since you wouldn't have to buy a second rx or monitor with it built in.

Bingo :)

rctoyguy said:

Keep in mind that there aren't that many goggle options out there that actually have a receiver built in. Fatshark and a few others. But the highest quality googles are usually made for the general market for watching movies and playing video games. Those do not have any receivers... Cinemizers are an example. Vuzix Wrap 1200 are another.

witold said:
rctoyguy said:

Keep in mind that there aren't that many goggle options out there that actually have a receiver built in. Fatshark and a few others. But the highest quality googles are usually made for the general market for watching movies and playing video games. Those do not have any receivers... Cinemizers are an example. Vuzix Wrap 1200 are another.

In need some help on this topic ... I would like to do fpv , so I went and bought the DJI fpv hub + iosd mini + DJI transmitter avl58 so I won't have to solder nothing and just go with plug and play ... So if I get a goggle lets say a fat shark with build in reciever will that work ?

They are 2.4ghz but is there something else I need to know before buying the goggles ?

Thanks

I am looking into the Epson Moverios goggles.

Pretty slick setup

quality control said:

Pretty slick setup

I heard the picture on them is a bit on the transparent side lacking contrast .

I went for the zeiss cinemizer plus ( the black once ) not the white one ... It cost half the price of the white model and zeiss optimized it for fpv also .

Yesterday I bought em now just waiting :geek:

Norangat said:
quality control said:

Pretty slick setup

I went for the zeiss cinemizer plus ( the black once ) not the white one ... It cost half the price of the white model and zeiss optimized it for fpv also .

Can you provide a link to these "black ones" so I can take a look at them ?
Cant seem to find them.
Thx.

sixx said:
Norangat said:
quality control said:

Pretty slick setup

Cant seem to find them.
Thx.

Here mate this is the shop I got them from ...they are the only once that carry them

http://tienda.stockrc.com/epages/eb0140 ... ID=1569617

These are not the old zeiss but last years , they are upgraded for fpv

Hope this helps

Norangat said:
sixx said:
Norangat said:
quality control said:

Pretty slick setup

Cant seem to find them.
Thx.

Here mate this is the shop I got them from ...they are the only once that carry them

http://tienda.stockrc.com/epages/eb0140 ... ID=1569617

These are not the old zeiss but last years , they are upgraded for fpv

Hope this helps

If I'm not mistaken, the cinemizer plus does not support hdmi in, so they won't be usable with the vision plus. Just a heads up :)

-David

I got the p2 3D and yes there's no hdmi only an AV in ... So these wont be good for p2v and p2v+ only for AV transmitters

You can still get the OLED once which are double the price :shock: but very nice fpv indeed.

Norangat said:
I got the p2 3D and yes there's no hdmi only an AV in ... So these wont be good for p2v and p2v+ only for AV transmitters

You can still get the OLED once which are double the price :shock: but very nice fpv indeed.

If you're in Europe you can get them from the Lufthansa world store for 400€, which is actually not much more as the old goggles (350€) on the link here above in this thread...

David

DaveMoi said:
Norangat said:

If you're in Europe you can get them from the Lufthansa world store for 400€, which is actually not much more as the old goggles (350€) on the link here above in this thread...

David

You mean the oled once ?

I just ordered the black once didn't know about this Lufthansa offer ... I did post a thread here asking about the zeiss a few days back but got No reply .

Well Iets hope I'm not dissapointed which most unlikely with zeiss ... My camera lenses are all zeiss/sony and always was setisfied .

Anyway thanks for the heads up mate :)

Norangat said:
DaveMoi said:
Norangat said:

David

You mean the oled once ?

I just ordered the black once didn't know about this Lufthansa offer ... I did post a thread here asking about the zeiss a few days back but got No reply .

Well Iets hope I'm not dissapointed which most unlikely with zeiss ... My camera lenses are all zeiss/sony and always was setisfied .

Anyway thanks for the heads up mate :)

Yes the oled version;

I think they sold out, can't seem to find it on their website any longer. Maybe too much publicity from me in these forums ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers