Goggles for Phantom 3

I'll definitely be waiting for the HDMI Breakout Board and will be purchasing the HeadPlay HD FPV Headset. That headset displays in 1280x800 HD and also has the HDMI port. Any idea when the board will be released? http://www.getfpv.com/headplay-hd-fpv-headset-w-32ch-5-8ghz-receiver.html
headplay-goggles-2.jpg
headplay-hd-fpv-lcd_2.jpg

I found this to be pretty interesting.

http://www.visual-aerials.com/epson-moverio-bt-200.html

I don't think it will work with the P3P, the design is cool though.

I've got the Moverio BT-200 glasses and they are absolutely AWESOME with my P2V. You can see thru them so you can actually see your phantom and your surroundings but the picture is "projected" so it takes about 75% of the view. Unfortunately, Epson hasn't upgraded the Android operating system so you can't load the P3P pilot app. I've begged and pleaded and I've even looked into rooting the device and trying my own upgrade but there's no good ROM for it yet. sigh....

Good news, there is another person on the forums that is using the screen mirroring and a $99 portable router to connect his galaxy device to the BT-200 and has been able to get it to work with a P3P. I'm trying to get more details and hopefully in July I'll be able to put something like that together and try it out. Work overloads me now so I barely have time to fly!

I can tell you anything you need to know about the BT-200 glasses - just ask!

Reactions: taroh
No. I do not want goggles for now. What I understand thru my flights - you have to see Phantom all the time. It is much cheaper to use hoodie and cover your head completely with hood. Just use really good tablet as Ipad mini 3 with great screen.

P.S. You grandma could see her property on Ultra HD TV in 4K and liked it more than small picture in tiny goggles

Last edited:
Yep, it works, and it didn't require too much putzing around.
Today I got my HooToo portable router. $40 some on Amazon.
This little baby comes with a 2 port USB charger that can charge at 2.1A iPad tablets. Has a builtin battery 6200MAH and is a router.
2 minutes to setup and I was flying my P3P with the EPSON BT-200 glasses.

The only inconvenience I noted was that tapping the iphone screen was not intuitive because I am looking at a different screen and I do not have feedback where my finger is, unless I look at the iphone screen. I think it is time to program the two additional buttons on the remote control so I do not have any need to touch the iphone.

Also, why the heck is the mobile holder too big on the remote? Can't have it secure the iphone. Now that I will be using glasses, there is no need to carry a tablet anymore.

Things to improve:
1. lock the epson device so accidental touches do not bring up menus or popups on the screen.
2. get dji to provide a feedback whensliding the finger on the screen, so that it works with the goggles.

I looked at the galaxy vr and would love to know if it works, I use a Note 4 and really don't want to buy a new tablet to have goggles.

I use FatShark Dominator V2's + iPad Mini 2 + Apple's Lightning to HDMI Adapter ($49, http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD826AM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter). Works great.
So what are you saying here? With that adapter, all you have to do is connect the goggles into the hdmi on this adapter and plug it into the ipad and you get video feed to the goggles?:) So how are you connecting the IPAD to the controller? or are you?

Are you connecting the adapter into the ipad, plugging the the USB/apple cable from the controller into the adapter and plugging the goggles into the hdmi in the adapter?

Last edited:
I purchased the Phantom 3 professional and I am using my Apple iPad Air 2. I saw some videos of people using FPV Goggles with their drone and it looks awesome. How difficult would it be to get goggles to work with my drone? Also, what are some things to look for when comparing FPV goggles?

Not hard at all.. Get a dji inspire control, pair it to your Phantom 3 and use Zeiss cinemer HD goggles connected to the hdmi out on the controller and you will be good to go.

Reactions: Fplvert
I had a fat shark system with my phantom 1. I thought it would be a cool think to have. After getting them I could not stand them. You always feel like you are in a movie theater. Plus you get a little paranoid since you don't know if anyone is around you. I ditched the goggles and went with a black pearl monitor. So basically using my iPad mini with my p3p is like flying my older phantom.

What's the HDMI breakout board?
The back panel from the Inspire controler has HDMI out. The Stock P3 tx. will have the same with the breakout board. (Available soon)

This will be great for Apple devices!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic