goggle/screen question

Reaction score
I have a set of Fat Shark goggles right now. I havnt flown with them much but they seem to be ok for what im doing. But my question revolves more around adding a monitor to my system. I have scenarios where i would need LOS and FPV at the same time and a monitor seems to fit that bill. Do i want to just use the video out from the goggles to run the monitor? Or do i want to get a monitor with a Rx built in? Is there any draw back or benefit to either or? I have seen several monitor suggestions with build in Rx so i wouldnt really need suggestions on those. But if i go with just a normal monitor with no Rx does anyone have any suggestions? I would have liked to use my iPad but after some research that seems to be either VERY difficult/impossible and honestly i just want something that works.

Thanks
Chad

you say you have FS goggles which tells me this is a non-Vision P2 with some sort of FPV transmitter hanging off the bottom, correct?

Unlike your Phantom and it's RC, the goggles and transmitter are not specifically "paired" to each other. What you're basically doing from the Phantom is broadcasting a little TV station which anyone in range with a compatible receiver can receive... not just YOUR goggles.

My point is, as long as the equipment is compatible (you know the whole Boscam vs Fat Shark/Immersion frequency thing yes?) you could have 1, 2, 10 or 50 devices all receiving the signal from your Phantom simultaneously and independently of each other.

So it sounds to me like all you need to do is get a (compatible) receiver and maybe some antennas for it and boom.. now the screen is seeing what the Phantom is transmitting. It doesn't affect your goggles in any way...

Yeah sorry i forgot to put in there that it is on a P1.1.1. So you are correct in your assumption.

I am aware of the compatability problem but not to the extent to know what it needs (I know there is a problem but dont know what the exact problem is so i can avoid it).

All in all this is great news and just a little more information is needed and I can move forward with this.

if you understand the principle of what I said, you're mostly there. the only thing left is to get a compatible receiver. Can you tell us exactly which transmitter you have?

basically there's 2 different "families" of transmitters.. while they both operate in the "5.8Ghz" range, that's a big range and different manufacturers build their devices to run on slight different frequencies aka channels.

I just want to confirm which transmitter you have then we can point you in the right direction to get a receiver

no problem happy to help. I was actually asking about the transmitter (on the Phantom), but telling me which goggles (receiver) you have answers the same question... you're in the FatShark/ImmersionRC range of frequencies. While I personally am in the other equipment family (Boscam), the principles are the same. This concept doesn't really apply to ANTENNAS... antennas don't care which frequency set you're in as long as they're 5.8Ghz antennas, yours are fine.

All you need to do is make sure any additional receiver you get (goggles, screen, whatever) are FatShark/ImmersionRC compatible and it will receive the signal from your Phantom... you'll have to tune into the proper channel of course.

again, I'm not speaking to the quality of this equipment since I don't have it but here are some examples of compatible receivers... I did NOT shop around for best price:
Black Pearl RC801 http://www.rangevideo.com/en/58-ghz...-fpv-diversity-rx-58ghz-32ch-slim-design.html
Atlanta Hobby ATFPV-819DT http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=18331&idcategory=1043

and I'm sure there are others... you can call a place like Atlanta Hobby they are very friendly, or shop around the multitude of RC / hobby and FPV sites and reach out to them and confirm any receiver you're interested in is FatShark/ImmersionRC compatible

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr