{God is Good, all the time}"follow me" is garbage! (dji is not garbage)

everything has to be spelled out for you -flying in p mode- i land- i then switch to f mode-WHICH CAN BE DONE- i raised the drone from the ground-EGAGED "follow me"-drone takes off-crashes- adios troll

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice...

Hey Romans ..... you're not gonna post the DAT file. You know it'll show you F'ed Up. Go ahead send it all to DJI so they can see the file and rid us of your childishness.

I am pretty sure that as soon as you engage follow me the copter would immediately ascend to the determined height to follow you from? That's what I read from it. So it sounds like operator not thinking the process through. Think about it, engage follow me and what is it going to do? It's going to go up in the air and get ready to follow him. It isn't going to follow him from the ground, is it? JMHO

Reactions: bobomet
Hey Romans, sorry to hear about your bird.
I have no reason to not believe you as to what happened, as you said we weren't there.
However, by switching to F mode on the ground, as you have stated, introduces an unknown situation.
The procedure for DJIGO, Vertical, Autopilot and Litchi apps all state that for "follow me" you need to have the bird above 15 feet then switch to F mode and engage.
I don't think they would all state that if there were no issues from engaging in F mode from the ground.
Just an observation.

Last edited:
Reactions: pomonabill220
Hey Romans, sorry to hear about your bird.
I have no reason to not believe you as to what happened, as you said we weren't there.
However, by switching to F mode on the ground, as you have stated, introduces an unknown situation.
The procedure for DJIGO, Vertical, Autopilot and Litchi apps all state that for "follow me" you need to have the bird above 15 feet then switch to F mode and engage.
I don't think they would all state that if there were no issues from engaging in F mode from the ground.
Just an observation.
yes the bird does need to be above a certain height in order for "follow me" to work, which you have to do manually but the problem is that it started to raise by itself then went haywire that's what the problem was.

But he continues to reply in a timely manner. Posting .dat file can be as quick as his other replies.

im working on it, ive never had to do this "file" deal so im trying to figure out how to get this on here for those who keep requesting it, jeez its like im on trial here and maybe only 25% of the people on this thread are actually trying to help or are concerned the rest are just trollin. so i'll just keep scrolling right on past those comments and replies

Reactions: QuikSilver15
Suicide by drone....something new for the books.

I wouldn't worry about your arm, it heals free. If it really is an ouchy, you could throw on a bandaid. Oh, how bout some iodine? I see you didn't put anything on it, so it must not really be something you should mention here. Sorry to be on the attack, but c'mon, dude up! The props have to be replaced and costs you money.

im working on it, ive never had to do this "file" deal so im trying to figure out how to get this on here for those who keep requesting it, jeez its like im on trial here and maybe only 25% of the people on this thread are actually trying to help or are concerned the rest are just trollin. so i'll just keep scrolling right on past those comments and replies

You won't be able to post it directly to this forum. Can you Dropbox it instead? Then post the Dropbox link.

I wouldn't worry about your arm, it heals free. If it really is an ouchy, you could throw on a bandaid. Oh, how bout some iodine? I see you didn't put anything on it, so it must not really be something you should mention here. Sorry to be on the attack, but c'mon, dude up! The props have to be replaced and costs you money.
why don't you research the P3A prop rpm's at full speed once you have those numbers fire up your phantom grab hold of the quad, duct tape the throttle at full power then put your forearm into the spinning props then comeback and post your experience. lol another troll, don't ever stop to count them here on this thread.

You won't be able to post it directly to this forum. Can you Dropbox it instead? Then post the Dropbox link.
but how do i even start to get or extract the certain file? where do i start? never done that before

Did this a few weeks ago.
Just a scratch. Cut a few tendons....and the sheath...interesting watching tendons try to move when they're cut
A few stiches and Im almost like new again now. :p
Romans mentioned what props can do to you. They could do something like this....be careful.
20160220_HandInjury_zps5amprbqk.jpg

Reactions: Romans109
Im mildly amazed by all the insistence on getting the .dat uploaded.

Reasonable expectation is if it is made available for analysis here (doubtful, its a trivial process to extract the .dat from the bird and plenty of help available if the op had difficulty. It seems there in no intent to make available here) it would be demonstrated that;

1. The bird managed to initiate follow from just after launch (operator initiated) and unfortunately the power lines where in the path between the mission engage point and the commanded location.

2. The operator became aware of the likiehood of the collision and seemingly madly executed a serious of perhaps approprate however ultimately pointless stick movements (the phantom was diligently executing the commission with any control inputs disregarded while in F mode) to avoid the collisiom.

3. The operator, not understandimg how to correctly perform a CSC command put themself in harms way trying to power down the phantom.

There may have been a failure of the GPS subsystem to provide correct coordinates or a variety of other software issues in play here however switching out of F mode would have almost certainly returned control to the operator and likley avoided the outcome.

Return it to DJI, they will take care of it if it is a "technology failure" as claimed.

Alternatively learn from it, pay the money to have it fixed and enjoy it.

Reactions: bobomet
Did this a few weeks ago.
Just a scratch. Cut a few tendons....and the sheath...interesting watching tendons try to move when they're cut
A few stiches and Im almost like new again now. :p
Romans mentioned what props can do to you. They could do something like this....be careful.
20160220_HandInjury_zps5amprbqk.jpg
wow a phantom did that to you? what happened?! you alright man?

Reactions: JKDSensei

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj