{God is Good, all the time}"follow me" is garbage! (dji is not garbage)

dji's technology is not perfect and never will be nor any technology will be perfect for that matter and just because you aren't or have not yet been experiencing problems with your quad copter doesn't mean you won't ever have problems, im going to be the bigger man and say that i hope this does NOT happen to any fellow flyer out there... the reality is at some point in time wether its your gaming console or your drone ect. that something will go wrong sooner or later as it happened to me and thousands if not not ten's of thousands of flyers have had their copter fail them. there's a division here two groups of people.... group A-people that think "wow technology is awesome! im all for it!" (don't get me wrong, technology has its benefits) and group B "stupid technology it doesn't do what it supposed to do! i paid for this?!" so where do you stand? giving your money to a company that paints a dream in your mind of how awesome it would be to be able to do that or have this, then it malfunctions and then all of a sudden they don't have your back...why? be accuse it's all about the $$$$$ for them ...(blame the manufacturer) or (blame the consumer) the truth is in this world everyone is a consumer/customer. don't misread this though, pilot errors occur as well. in my case this was a malfunction of a piece of technology. so blame me or don't ....truth is i know what happened and you don't cause you weren't there. so for those who have nothing better to do than just pick apart my post, very kindly go kick rocks.
for those in the same boat as me so to speak..... i hope dji will fix your problem on their dime, after all they are a multi billion dollar company.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

after all they are a multi billion dollar company.

And that makes it OK to attempt what is nothing less than fraud by claiming against a warranty when it is clear that user error was the cause of the damage????

And that makes it OK to attempt what is nothing less than fraud by claiming against a warranty when it is clear that user error was the cause of the damage????
so the copter flys away and dji should fix the malfunctioning technology,
to you this is fraud? look up the definition of fraud and come back when you have something better to say, give it up Erroll lol

Posting your files can put this argument to rest.

Reactions: SteveAikens
Posting your files can put this argument to rest.

you referring to the flight logs from dji go app?

dji's technology is not perfect and never will be nor any technology will be perfect for that matter and just because you aren't or have not yet been experiencing problems with your quad copter doesn't mean you won't ever have problems, im going to be the bigger man and say that i hope this does NOT happen to any fellow flyer out there... the reality is at some point in time wether its your gaming console or your drone ect. that something will go wrong sooner or later as it happened to me and thousands if not not ten's of thousands of flyers have had their copter fail them. there's a division here two groups of people.... group A-people that think "wow technology is awesome! im all for it!" (don't get me wrong, technology has its benefits) and group B "stupid technology it doesn't do what it supposed to do! i paid for this?!" so where do you stand? giving your money to a company that paints a dream in your mind of how awesome it would be to be able to do that or have this, then it malfunctions and then all of a sudden they don't have your back...why? be accuse it's all about the $$$$$ for them ...(blame the manufacturer) or (blame the consumer) the truth is in this world everyone is a consumer/customer. don't misread this though, pilot errors occur as well. in my case this was a malfunction of a piece of technology. so blame me or don't ....truth is i know what happened and you don't cause you weren't there. so for those who have nothing better to do than just pick apart my post, very kindly go kick rocks.
for those in the same boat as me so to speak..... i hope dji will fix your problem on their dime, after all they are a multi billion dollar company.

Once again, you refuse to recognise you didn't follow the correct procedure, which caused the aircraft not to respond in the way you expected. So be that "bigger man" and admit to yourself, if no one else, that this all points to pilot error...

Reactions: bobomet
Once again, you refuse to recognise you didn't follow the correct procedure, which caused the aircraft not to respond in the way you expected. So be that "bigger man" and admit to yourself, if no one else, that this all points to pilot error...
read the original post then read all my responses to the other nit pickers and if you still want to blame me (the pilot) then i will repeat myself, i was there i know what happened.... you don't .....so go back and read them again cause you're trollin' just like the other dumb replies that keep trying to blame me

im not going to waste my time arguing with trolls, read the original post very carefully and contrary to popular belief you can switch from p mode to f mode for "follow me" before take off....how do i know? because it was the last thing i did before the flyaway that resulted in a crash of course. sorry but not pilot error just you trolls having more faith in the technology than the pilots...why is this my conclusion? because you're blaming me not the defective quad.

from now on any other troll replies/comments will just be ignored, im tired off repeating myself because you're too lazy to read through the thread

See post #38 and #45.

If you can supply the .DAT file, it can be analysed to give a definite answer to exactly what happened. If you won't provide the information, then it is reasonable to expect the good folks on here not to believe your version.

After all, no new pilot (I am assuming that you are new @Romans109 as your join date is less than two weeks ago) wants to accept that they are at fault - it's easy to blame the technology. Nobody is saying that the quad DID NOT malfunction, what they are saying is show us the proof (ie the flight logs) and we can all agree with you.

If you need help in retrieving the .DAT file from the aircraft, I am more than happy to help and to convert the data and to do an analysis of the incident to see what exactly happened. The aircraft records lots and lots of sensor information and isn't wrong.

Your move.

read the original post then read all my responses to the other nit pickers and if you still want to blame me (the pilot) then i will repeat myself, i was there i know what happened.... you don't .....so go back and read them again cause you're trollin' just like the other dumb replies that keep trying to blame me

Wow.. Never been called a troll before, which I don't think I can be accused of... OK, here we go....

You said "my phantom advanced decided to take off on its own today while in "follow me" mode"... So it was on the ground.
You said "i did everything correctly compass calibration ect ect i even landed before switching modes iOS was used" Well, no, you didn't do everything correctly, because you changed modes on the ground...
You confirmed this later stating "i was in "p" mode then landed and then switched to "f" mode..." It was definitely on the ground then...
You then said "first part is correct then i throttled up then it took off right after i initiated "follow me". So the aircraft didn't "take off on its own" did it? I'm not going to bother to go any further in the thread, there's no point. You didn't follow the correct procedure and, by your own admission, it didn't actually become sentient, and decide to "take off on its own", did it? I'm gonna troll off now and go flying... See ya...

New Pilot myself, but can you not expect EM from powerlines? Would this not create a situation where the drone can malfunction?

Like any large aircraft accident, we'll never know if it was pilot error or a system malfunction until the black box is recovered. The DAT file downloaded from the bird itself will tell.

With my follow me fly away, it was proved that operator error was not the cause. It's easy to determine with the DAT file. Until then, everyone here is just guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wow.. Never been called a troll before, which I don't think I can be accused of... OK, here we go....

You said "my phantom advanced decided to take off on its own today while in "follow me" mode"... So it was on the ground.
You said "i did everything correctly compass calibration ect ect i even landed before switching modes iOS was used" Well, no, you didn't do everything correctly, because you changed modes on the ground...
You confirmed this later stating "i was in "p" mode then landed and then switched to "f" mode..." It was definitely on the ground then...
You then said "first part is correct then i throttled up then it took off right after i initiated "follow me". So the aircraft didn't "take off on its own" did it? I'm not going to bother to go any further in the thread, there's no point. You didn't follow the correct procedure and, by your own admission, it didn't actually become sentient, and decide to "take off on its own", did it? I'm gonna troll off now and go flying... See ya...
everything has to be spelled out for you -flying in p mode- i land- i then switch to f mode-WHICH CAN BE DONE- i raised the drone from the ground-EGAGED "follow me"-drone takes off-crashes- adios troll

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31