Go to Microcenter!!!!

Before I flashed the RC to 1.6 as noted there was an option to firmware update the craft in the GO App. So I will try this but I could not get the bottom hold sequence to work. This is working now instead.

Just tried to price match at the Best Buy in Phoenix (Ahwatukee). Took the printed PDF of the Microcenter in-store ad posted earlier, and after two sales people ran around for 15 minutes tracking down a manager, was told they would do it because there is not a Microcenter in the Phoenix area.
Will give it a try tonight up at the Thunderbird store, and also the Fry's Electronics next door (their web site shows in in stock there, was not in stock at the Tempe store).

UPDATE: No Joy at either store. Fry's said Micro Center was not an authorized DJI dealer, so they do not match their prices. Seemed like they have been asked about this previously. Best Buy said the only match specific online retailers (e.g. Sold by Amazon AND Shipped by Amazon) or stores within 25 miles.

Last edited:
Thanks to this thread, I just bought my first Phantom 3! I got it at my local MicroCenter for $599, that's a heck of a deal compared to anywhere else! Thanks guys!

Just tried to price match at the Best Buy in Phoenix (Ahwatukee). Took the printed PDF of the Microcenter in-store ad posted earlier, and after two sales people ran around for 15 minutes tracking down a manager, was told they would do it because there is not a Microcenter in the Phoenix area.
Will give it a try tonight up at the Thunderbird store, and also the Fry's Electronics next door (their web site shows in in stock there, was not in stock at the Tempe store).

Is there a way to get their in store ad online? I don't see it from their website.

Called up Microcenter Dallas today. They are sold out. Went to Fry's, they were sold out of them as well, but would price match if they had them.

Went to BestBuy, they wouldn't price match because it was a closeout sale. Convinced them it wasn't a closeout sale, but then they wouldn't price match because Microcenter wasn't in stock. Told them Houston had them in stock, but they said it's too far away.

The manager finally came down on a Pro for $849...

Last edited:
Microcenter in Tustin CA is down to only a few P3Ps and P3As. They are out of all the low price accessories

Yeah. Houston still had 11 P3Ps. It would be like a 9 hour round trip though. Between the time and gas it just wouldn't be worth it I don't think.

Ok. New update. Microcenter Dallas actually has 11 in stock, unlike the zero they told me on the phone when I called earlier.

So the one P3P from best buy for $849 is going back.

Dallas is out of filters and hdmi modules. They had 19 backpacks though.

Also, the backpacks are DJI branded, not the other drone logo one.

Last edited:
I got the Pro swapped out and the new one has a functioning gimbal. It is off-level though but not by much =(

Anyway the MicroCenter Service Supervisor gave me some interesting tidbits as I asked him what they do with the returned P3's. He pointed through the door window and there was a stack of P3 boxes on the other side. He said they don't send them back to DJi, they cannot, DJi won't take them back. They repair them and DJi reimburses them for labor then they sell them for 10% to 50% off depending upon how long they sit at MicroCenter. He said most of the P3's they get back are crashed but they allow the returns anyway. Mine was a different case as it never actually flew.

Here comes the interesting part. I asked if he knew about not being able to rename the craft after it's activated. He said they are able to reset the P3's to brand new so they go through the DJi Activation as if they were new. I did not dig any further but he did mention it involved flashing the boards. He also said the DJi warranty's do not reset after they are sold used by MicroCenter. The warranty ages from the time it is first sold thus the reason why the discount on used ones is anywhere form 10% to 50%.

If I had to gauge his knowledge level and experience repairing P3's I would say he seemed to know a lot about how to repair them but not a lot about how to fly them. There were things he said and how he handled my unboxed P3's that led me to believe most of his experience is repairing them. After I did the exchange I made sure to unbox them in-store and connect them up to make sure everything worked (P3, Gimbal, RC, etc.). Then I left.

Reactions: kirk2579
I got the Pro swapped out and the new one has a functioning gimbal. It is off-level though but not by much =(

Anyway the MicroCenter Service Supervisor gave me some interesting tidbits as I asked him what they do with the returned P3's. He pointed through the door window and there was a stack of P3 boxes on the other side. He said they don't send them back to DJi, they cannot, DJi won't take them back. They repair them and DJi reimburses them for labor then they sell them for 10% to 50% off depending upon how long they sit at MicroCenter. He said most of the P3's they get back are crashed but they allow the returns anyway. Mine was a different case as it never actually flew.

Here comes the interesting part. I asked if he knew about not being able to rename the craft after it's activated. He said they are able to reset the P3's to brand new so they go through the DJi Activation as if they were new. I did not dig any further but he did mention it involved flashing the boards. He also said the DJi warranty's do not reset after they are sold used by MicroCenter. The warranty ages from the time it is first sold thus the reason why the discount on used ones is anywhere form 10% to 50%.

If I had to gauge his knowledge level and experience repairing P3's I would say he seemed to know a lot about how to repair them but not a lot about how to fly them. There were things he said and how he handled my unboxed P3's that led me to believe most of his experience is repairing them. After I did the exchange I made sure to unbox them in-store and connect them up to make sure everything worked (P3, Gimbal, RC, etc.). Then I left.

So do you think the P3Ps Microcenter are selling for $699 are new, or refurbs? Surely the used ones are marked in some way, right?

I'd take a referb for $350! I wonder how we find out when and where they are selling the referb

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

So do you think the P3Ps Microcenter are selling for $699 are new, or refurbs? Surely the used ones are marked in some way, right?

They told me the defective one I first got was New. But it never asked me for Activation. I suppose there's a chance they were trying to sell it as New but it was used/repaired. The thing looked brand spanking new though, Controller and Craft all the protective stickers in place and spot on.

New here, and new P3P owner thanks to the MicroCenter sale (saw it originally on Slickdeals). We don't have a MC here in the SF bay area any more, but my buddy lives in SoCal and offered to drive to the Tustin MC and pick one up for me along with the case. He called me, and said he got one, and will ship it to me (great friend BTW!!).

Previously I was seriously considering buying the 3DR Iris+ or Solo, but after looking at the P3 4K and P3A/P, it just looked like a lot more polished and economical platform (especially with the MC sale). I'm excited to learn to use it for aerial video, been looking at tons of youtube videos and I'm very impressed with a lot of the aerial videos I've seen it do.

Hey ya'll! Just a quick question here. picked up a P3P yesterday at the micro center in Queens, NY. I noticed when I got home, comparing to the box of my P3A (Which I'm selling), that the versions are a bit different.

The one I bought @ Microcenter is a W323A w/ GL300B remote
The P3 Advanced I have already is W322B (yes, different model I know), with GL300C remote.

What are the differences between the B and C remote? Should I return the Pro to MC to look for a newer version? I've heard the W323B is out, but also don't know the difference there and can't figure out if it's worth going for the "newer" revision?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie