Go Professional Case for Phantom 4

I sold my p2 case with my p2.

I'm waiting for them sell the new case on amazon. I can't or don't want to pay $50 shipping to hawaii.

5b431474adea8be9775ff02aa0f635c5.jpg
ebf4ab0b0bbad56f6374feca5ace8ad6.jpg
da8fe75c264dd89eb12e4b4a8d5f769b.jpg
4f71b72f26a775cd5233318e7e83b238.jpg
47d8d71652366a4261367c4266dec891.jpg

Ok. Received my case today.....I'm actually NOT very impressed. Seems like it was rushed to production and the spacing is not very ideal. When the lid is closed I can feel it pressing down rather firmly on the motors and the top edge of my iPad. I use my GPC P3 Wheeled case as a seat when I needed and this one I wouldn't even DARE. In fact, I feel that if I were to suffer a solid impact on the topside of the case, the motors and the iPad would take the brunt of the violence. The Phantom doesn't even sit down all the way into the cavity that was cut for it. [emoji848][emoji45]

That being said, the externals of the case and the quality of the foam itself is top notch. I also enjoy that it's a somewhat smaller profile to easily be considered a carryon.

Suppose I'll be sending a lengthy email to GPC this evening to figure this mess out

I'll update if I come to any conclusions and feel free to let me know if I just got a Lemon. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I'm in total agreement, I'm not that thrilled with it.. Along with this case I have Microraptor for my P3P, and it seems they took more time figuring out how everything would fit. As far as how high the P4 sits in the case, I'm hoping over time the foam forms around things like the gimbal and settles in a little. But it does seem that it was kinda a rush job. On the other hand the Microraptor was a lot more money.

I'm gonna hope that maybe they'll offer me some sort of explanation. Maybe a larger version with wheels. The carryon aspect isn't a big deal. That's what their backpacks are for

Reactions: Myetkt
5b431474adea8be9775ff02aa0f635c5.jpg
ebf4ab0b0bbad56f6374feca5ace8ad6.jpg
da8fe75c264dd89eb12e4b4a8d5f769b.jpg
4f71b72f26a775cd5233318e7e83b238.jpg
47d8d71652366a4261367c4266dec891.jpg

Ok. Received my case today.....I'm actually NOT very impressed. Seems like it was rushed to production and the spacing is not very ideal. When the lid is closed I can feel it pressing down rather firmly on the motors and the top edge of my iPad. I use my GPC P3 Wheeled case as a seat when I needed and this one I wouldn't even DARE. In fact, I feel that if I were to suffer a solid impact on the topside of the case, the motors and the iPad would take the brunt of the violence. The Phantom doesn't even sit down all the way into the cavity that was cut for it. [emoji848][emoji45]

That being said, the externals of the case and the quality of the foam itself is top notch. I also enjoy that it's a somewhat smaller profile to easily be considered a carryon.

Suppose I'll be sending a lengthy email to GPC this evening to figure this mess out

I'll update if I come to any conclusions and feel free to let me know if I just got a Lemon. [emoji23][emoji23]

I'd have to agree I don't like the way it sits up that high. I was about to order this but I'm going to use the foam one for a while until I see some other offerings.

I asked them about the Backpack - want to reuse it and just buy the P4 insert. They said (7 days ago):

Yes, we are making a Phantom 4 version. All of our Phantom 4 items are currently in production. We should have a release date for these items by the end of next week. Although, the replacement foam insert will only be for the case and not the backpack. but please continue to check our website frequently for updates and pre-order dates. Thank you.

My email to their support department is out...I will report back when I have info

Reactions: Myetkt
My email to their support department is out...I will report back when I have info

I don't know if it's so bad that I would go though the trouble of boxing it up and sending it back, but I am curious what they have to say. Thanks TBDGR for taking the time to email them, it's appreciated.

Just SPOKE with Rick ( one of the owners of GPC and designers of their case lines). He appreciated that I voiced my concerns and that I was assured that this seems to be a fluke.

I also, admittedly, had to apologize for my post perhaps being a little "off the belt" and should've spoke to them first!! Lol.

That with a frustrating time with the Fiancée being deathly ill didn't aid in my toothy response to the ill fitting case.

Anyhow, he has told me that the original style bulkier and thicker wheeled case will be available soon and that it shall be the same dimensions as the previous P3 Pro Wheeled case with foam cut for the P4 installed.

His lightning fast response to my queries is astounding. GPC continues to bring it to the table with great customer service.

*** Also, the current Slim-Line case with wheels is supposed to be a bit more snug, but the one I received seems to be a bit "off" on the cuts. So the tightness is normal but the fit was verified to be off**

They've earned my business for life [emoji106][emoji16]

So are you going with the bigger case when it comes out or just going to keep what you have?

Just SPOKE with Rick ( one of the owners of GPC and designers of their case lines). He appreciated that I voiced my concerns and that I was assured that this seems to be a fluke.

I also, admittedly, had to apologize for my post perhaps being a little "off the belt" and should've spoke to them first!! Lol.

That with a frustrating time with the Fiancée being deathly ill didn't aid in my toothy response to the ill fitting case.

Anyhow, he has told me that the original style bulkier and thicker wheeled case will be available soon and that it shall be the same dimensions as the previous P3 Pro Wheeled case with foam cut for the P4 installed.

His lightning fast response to my queries is astounding. GPC continues to bring it to the table with great customer service.

*** Also, the current Slim-Line case with wheels is supposed to be a bit more snug, but the one I received seems to be a bit "off" on the cuts. So the tightness is normal but the fit was verified to be off**

So what case did you order? Was it the wheeled one. I ordered the smaller one with no wheels and am wanting to know if this is going to be an issue with mine as well?

So what case did you order? Was it the wheeled one. I ordered the smaller one with no wheels and am wanting to know if this is going to be an issue with mine as well?

Mine is the only one I saw available and I got the one with the wheels yesterday I think.

It seems to be good quality.

The case and the foam seem really nice... The case is super nice. Compared to what I had before a eBay special. But I didn't like it seemed to just be a SKB case with the foam slapped inside of the SKB case. I just assumed that's what they all are like?
2d255ce51cf6e4a361771f399f9badd7.jpg

I am getting the larger one once available. I can't speak for the slimmer case without wheels but I assume it will be similar in fit.

There's a plug down in the bottom of the iPad slot that can be removed to accommodate the iPad airs. And with a proper cutout, the phantom 4 should sit more accurate in its cradle. It won't however be like the deeper case and envelope the sides. I seem to have a fluke case that doesn't fit correctly but I see now that there are others who have a better fit. The firm hold will just be something to get used to for those that choose this style of case versus the thicker larger wheeled version.

GPC is a STELLAR company and I can reassure everyone that their product is awesome and I would and HAVE recommended their line to everyone that has a use for them [emoji5]

Now if only DJI customer service was as prudent and awesome as GPC, we'd be cooking with fire! Lol

I am getting the larger one once available. I can't speak for the slimmer case without wheels but I assume it will be similar in fit.

There's a plug down in the bottom of the iPad slot that can be removed to accommodate the iPad airs. And with a proper cutout, the phantom 4 should sit more accurate in its cradle. It won't however be like the deeper case and envelope the sides. I seem to have a fluke case that doesn't fit correctly but I see now that there are others who have a better fit. The firm hold will just be something to get used to for those that choose this style of case versus the thicker larger wheeled version.
548b9d9b0e979409a0f455b121ea45e4.jpg

GPC is a STELLAR company and I can reassure everyone that their product is awesome and I would and HAVE recommended their line to everyone that has a use for them [emoji5]

Now if only DJI customer service was as prudent and awesome as GPC, we'd be cooking with fire! Lol

Hey can I ask a stupid question? I've never had a GPC case before... Am I supposed to pull the foam that's below the propeller arms? It's kind of recessed so I assumed it was there for support?

I was also worried about the square patch of regular foam below the camera.... It seems like it pushes up on the camera a little too much?

I am curious if like my eBay special case I had, if I can fit a DBS ITELITE antenna setup in with my Phantom. See the pic? What do you think?

Not sure. In the taller case ( look back in this thread) you can see a spot towards the handle that'd probably fit your antenna mod nicely. Probably would not fit in the slimmer case.

Do not remove the foam under the arms as that's the support. You guessed correct. After Rick's guidance, I now understand the design parameters and intent for this case. It's a more mobile/airplane friendly solution for those who ran into trouble with the previous larger sized cases.

The swayed patch of foam I can't really attest to either...it does seem to push upwards quite a bit, and I'm NOT telling you to rip it off and trim down the bottom portion, but that could be a solution if in dire straits and it was causing damage.

DONT RIP APART YOUR NEW CASE! Lol.

I just unboxed my GPC case -- and, here's what I think about it:

1) The case itself is just like all other GPC cases. It's the most sturdy, well-made case on the market.

2) The interior is large enough to hold all of the usual accessories.

01.jpg

3) There is an odd looking piece of foam egg-crate glued in the center compartment of the case. I'm assuming the idea is to allow the camera to rest on it during times when the gimbal lock is not installed. I decided to remove it.

02.jpg

4) Everything fits very well in this case -- except the Phantom arms. It looks like the Phantom 4 is just a bit too tall for this case, so the arms don't sit flush. I'm not sure anything could be done to resolve this issue -- other than using a case that's about 1 inch taller. Cosmetics aside, the Phantom rests nice and secure in the center compartment and the lid closes just fine.

Note: If you remove the gimbal lock, the arms will then rest on the foam as expected. The problem is that the gimbal lock wraps around the landing gear and pushes the Phantom up a bit.

04.jpg

I have a few suggestions that could make this case better:

1) Remove the foam piece from the bottom section of the prop compartment (at the rear of the case). The props fit just fine now if you align them properly as you're dropping them into that slot. But, removing that extra bit of foam would have given that compartment a little bit more room for 8 props to fit comfortably.

2) Make the remote controller compartment a little bit wider around the sticks. I like to fly with my sticks extended and Phantom Knobs attached. As you can see in my photo above, the extended sticks fit just fine. However, I have to remove the Phantom Knobs when storing my remote controller.

3) In the thin foam piece that rests at the bottom of the center compartment, cut out two small rectangles on either side where the gimbal lock wraps around the landing gear. That'll prevent the Phantom arms from being pushed up (as seen in my photo above).

Last edited:
#3 in suggestions.. Adding an inch to the height of the case, thats a major thing! I don't mind removing a piece of foam or changing a few things around here or there. But I can't do anything with the distance of the motors from the lid. The last thing I want to do is bad mouth a company that so many have said was great. But the case isn't right and like others have said it looks like they rushed to get this out.

I received my GPC P4 foam for my old P2 case today.

It fits perfectly and I'm very happy.

BlueSkies
Bill

386cfdc23fd8502b51a8f47a4e333573.jpg

Is the tight fit regarding the raised motors an issue on both the wheeled and the non-wheeled case?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20