Go Professional Backpack Protection?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Based on many recommendations here, I've purchased a Go Professional backpack for my vision. However, I'm a little concerned about the apparent lack of protection of the top of the aircraft. If you look at the attached, you will see that the top of body and the motors extend significantly above the top of the foam and the only thing that protects it is the flimsy backpack material that covers it when you zip it up. Has anyone else had this concern and have you mitigated it? I was thinking about buying a foam pad to place over top of the helicopter, however, frankly, for a $200 bag, I'm a little disappointed. Anyone else who has this bag share the same concern and have you done anything about it?

Attachments

• IMG_9183.jpg
    IMG_9183.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 561
I don't have a backpack bag, but if it was me, I would probably add foam on top. However, I would have the foam covered with cloth and sewn together. My reason being that foam could be torn by the motor shafts and small pieces of foam might get in undesirable locations.

I have the same backpack and it's never given me reason for concern. Heck, mine stick out even more because I have added extensions to my landing gear. I've hiked and traveled with this backpack now and Everything is all good. WTF are you doing with your backpack that would cause concern?

Ugh. Paranoia.

I have a couple of hard cases for other drones, but bought this backpack for my Phantom 2 because I wanted an easy way to carry the drone and the equipment I use with it when hiking. My other cases are overkill when it comes to protection. I carry my quads from house to car to flying site. This backpack is fine and the lack of a hard cover or padding over the top of the Phantom has never been a concern. If I were to use my backpack as a lounge chair or sled, I might have concerns.

I have that bag. It doesn't bother me much because I never put anything on top of it. I probably would only be concerned if I was traveling with it as carry on luggage then I would want to make sure no one put anything on top.

Someone else suggested that if you have any broken props you can break the rest of the blades off and put the caps over the posts so it doesn't poke the bag lid. I've never seen that as an issue though for me. I've backpacked around with it for a couple months up and around cliffs all the time.

:D
I really like my GPC cases. That backpack has traveled with me many miles with no problem. One thing I recommend for those sensitive cameras and gimbals is a bit of padding under the camera to keep things snug as a bug.

MHL

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    782.3 KB · Views: 314
Thanks all. Didn't plan on using it as a sled or a lawn chair, was mainly concerned with putting it in an overhead bin and then having some jerk trying to jam something else into the bin. :)

Sounds a bit rough for a $200 case. My $49 eBay backpack has fitted foam that completely covers the quad, sealing it in.

TuT said:
Sounds a bit rough for a $200 case. My $49 eBay backpack has fitted foam that completely covers the quad, sealing it in.

Would you like to share the link? :)

I bought one of those $50 eBay from China backpacks. After 2 months the shoulder strap broke and the whole thing fell to the ground. Now it sits in my closet.
The GPC backpack inside foam isn't soft and squishy like the China one is. Just sharing that info.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik