Go pro stops after 15 mins

Reaction score
Hi just flying around today now the weather is fine in good ole England and notice my Gopro 3 black stops recording after 15 mins and then starts a new one. Why is this. Is there a way to run for longer!
Also I have a problem with the Zenmuse gimbal deciding to tilt to one side when if feels like it. This is the new Pantom 2 with the dedicated gimbal. This is my first real flight really and not that impressed with the way it does stuff on its own.
I also got a little bit of jello now and again and I thought that this new dedicated gimbal was supposed to eliminate all that. Any answers out there! I think I'm up to date with my firmware but if not it was updated only a few weeks ago when I bought it.
Ta much

The GoPro stops itself and creates a new file to avoid creating huge files. Once it gets to 2GB, it starts a new one.

GoPro's will make new files (Chaptering) every 2GB because of the FAT32 filing system which limits file size to under 4GB.Only GoPro knows why they chose to make the limit 2GB in the HERO 3 range of cameras.It was 3.66GB in previous models.
That's the way it is and it can't be changed.
The camera does not stop recording and then start recording again,it is recording continuously and the files can be joined together in an editor without missing a single frame.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4