Go pro hero 4

Anybody see any reason why the Hero 4 might be better at preventing jello than the 3+?

looks amazing, just wish it didn't cost the same as my fc40. Maybe I'll get lucky and find my old phantom so I can fix it up and sell it to go towards getting one.

Bombular said:
Just saw that go pro released their newest Camera that shoots 4k30 and 2.7k50 and 1080p120 http://shop.gopro.com/cameras/hero4-black/CHDHX-401.html

I think this is a great feature:

HiLight Tag your best moments.
HiLight Tag, a new HERO4 feature, enables you to mark key moments while recording so you can quickly locate your best clips later for convenient playback, editing or sharing using the GoPro App or GoPro Studio. Just press the dedicated button on the camera or Smart Remote,2 or use the GoPro App to tag your highlights.
- See more at: http://shop.gopro.com/cameras/hero4-black/CHDHX-401.html

OverheadAerial said:
Anybody want to buy the GoPro3+ Black? I'll make you a good deal!!!

I do! Let me know what you are thinking...

Jesse_M said:
OverheadAerial said:
Anybody want to buy the GoPro3+ Black? I'll make you a good deal!!!

I do! Let me know what you are thinking...

Sorry, I just returned it to the place I bought it for a full refund. GoPro 4 is on the way...

Just got the GoPro 4 installed on my Phantom 2 and everything seemed to be going great until I hit the rec button on the gopro4 and the video and osd data going to my hdmi monitor froze.
Stop recording and it all starts working again. this is at 2.7k 48fps setting. If I set the gopro4 to 1080p 60fps it works great. I have found some info after looking around on the web that the output
from the hdmi on the gopro4 is at a lower resolution until the record button gets pushed and then the hdmi outputs the resolution that was set in the camera, in my case 2.7k 48fps or 30fps,which I guess the lightbridge can't down convert these new resolutions ?.
This was not a problem with the gopro3+ set at 2.7 30fps.
I hope this gets fixed as I want to be able to record to the camera at all the cool new resolutions but still monitor at 720 or 1080 on my lightbridge hdmi output.
Isn't it allways something with this new stuff

Just checking in with my own Hero 4, H3-3D update. Just did a bench test with the Hero 4 black in my H3 3D gimbal and everything worked fine with my fpv and gimbal. There is a slight issue with the fit, and that is that the new settings button (used to be the wi-fi button) is now a little bigger and it doesn't quite fit flush against the gimbal. There's a youtube video of someone showing how to grind out a little space with a dremel. It only needs a tiny bit of space cleared out.

efoote77 said:
Just checking in with my own Hero 4, H3-3D update. Just did a bench test with the Hero 4 black in my H3 3D gimbal and everything worked fine with my fpv and gimbal. There is a slight issue with the fit, and that is that the new settings button (used to be the wi-fi button) is now a little bigger and it doesn't quite fit flush against the gimbal. There's a youtube video of someone showing how to grind out a little space with a dremel. It only needs a tiny bit of space cleared out.

Assembled mine today. I had no fitment issues. My phantom 2 is less than 2 weeks old however along with the H3-3D. I don't have a FVP system yet.

gword256 said:
efoote77 said:

Assembled mine today. I had no fitment issues. My phantom 2 is less than 2 weeks old however along with the H3-3D. I don't have a FVP system yet.

If you are using the rear (big) port on the first generation H3-3D there is no video out... check what some of the other forums are saying - very lame.

Also after looking at some of the YOUTUBE videos posted I'm not going to bother to change over just yet... the colors/contrast looks slightly better on the 3+ than the 4 - a few comparison videos here: http://www.helmetcamreview.com/

The only big reason to go higher resolution is for cropping the video in post editing and still ending up with HD..... how many of you have 4K TV's at home? Why would you fill up your SD cards, burn more GoPro battery and then probably need to upgrade your computer and software just to work on it. For those "pro's" maybe all that post editing goodness is worth it... but for posting YouTube videos and for general shooting I bet many will stay with the 3+

My 2 cents

CactusJackSlade said:
The only big reason to go higher resolution is for cropping the video in post editing and still ending up with HD..... how many of you have 4K TV's at home? Why would you fill up your SD cards, burn more GoPro battery and then probably need to upgrade your computer and software just to work on it. For those "pro's" maybe all that post editing goodness is worth it... but for posting YouTube videos and for general shooting I bet many will stay with the 3+

My 2 cents

Well,

1. The resolution allows you to improve the picture quality when you shrink it down to regular HD.
2. You can use only a portion of the picture, and pan and zoom around to get a closer image, better picture, etc.
3. Unlike 3D, which died, 4K TV's are moving and so is production in 4K. Many TV shows have been shooting in 4K for as long as 5 years
4. This Christmas you will be able to purchase a 55 inch 4k TV for under $1,000
5. You can buy a top quality 4K computer monitor for under $600.00 right now.

If you want to see what 4K can do, visit my youTube channel at www.youtube.com/dbkcreative. I shot 125 hours of broadcast 4K video this summer.

I can't wait to fly my Hero 4. If it wasn't for the rain, I'd be out there right now.

Darren

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj