Go pro hand or head stablization

Reaction score
Has anyone ideas for a gimble for use with a go pro for either hand held or head mounted go pro camera to mix in with phantom shots.
I've seen some on you tube and even the possibility of using the cheaper ones used for phantoms but used on a stick etc , anyone tried this and recommendations , I can't solder but would be willing to learn or is there another non electrical type that gets good results that's not too expensive?
Thanks

The problem with gimbals is that, in my experience, they really do prove the adage, "You get what you pay for"

I've bought one suitable for a GoPro and the Sony RX100 but I won't get it until September as it's an Indiegogo crowd-funding product.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...y-camera-stabilizer-for-gopro-and-smartphones Even as a 'Super Early Bird' purchaser (i.e. I placed one of the first 75 orders) I paid 144 euros + tax for it

I wish you luck with your search :)

That looks like a great product but a little expensive for me at the moment for a hobby, I know it's true you get what you pay for, but thought there maybe some one here who's innovative and made one.
Thanks for the reply :)

You can get a Stedicam Smoothe from John Lewis for £99.00.
If not at Cheadle then at the Trafford Centre for sure.
It has Gopro adapter and iPhone 4 or 5 mounts
At least you can have a little play with it before committing.

Warning you do have to learn a bit of skill and technique.

Thanks guys, this is the sort of thing :D

Really like the look of the poise cam small and compact, will have to save a little , the other one looks good too but a little bulky for what I want , thanks guys :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub