Go-Home function ?

Reaction score
Hello Phantom pilots :)

I hava a question regards Go-Home function.
As I understand this function is activated when battery reach first low level (30%). If it's enabled in Assistant software of course :)
Now.. when I fly my Phantom and the battery is drained to low level, red light starts to blink... that's OK.

But I don't understand why Go-Home function on my drone is sometimes activated at this point and why somethimes isn't???

Is this depend of distance, some other criteria?

Thank you for reply...

Erik

If you are flying in ATTI mode it will not activate.

Yesterday it activated on 10m distance again...
But I flew past week three times and it didn't.
When the red light went on, I land it manualy.
There are no rules...

The settings are always the same.

If I recall correctly its 20% for mine to initiate the RTH. Plus as stated earlier I have to be in GPS mode or it will just keep flying until the auto land starts at %15.

Also, if it s P2 (non vision) there is no distance involved with the "go home" feature... it doesn;t care how far away you are, it will attempt to "go home" and run out of juice part way.. so be wary of this.

The distance related "go home" function is only for the Vision models...

TeamYankee said:
Also, if it s P2 (non vision) there is no distance involved with the "go home" feature... it doesn;t care how far away you are, it will attempt to "go home" and run out of juice part way.. so be wary of this.

The distance related "go home" function is only for the Vision models...

Is that so? Where did you get that information if I may ask. I was wondering about this actually.

It should be clear if this is a fact or just a hunch. I assumed always that the P2 WOULD calculate the power needed for the return flight, just as the V2+.

The release notes for 3.06 are the same for P2 or Vision2+

Vison2+
Main Controller - Major New Features:
a) Added two levels of battery warnings: Low Battery Level Warning and Critical Battery Level Warning.
When enabled, Auto Go Home will be activated if the battery level reaches a Low Battery Level
Warning. Setup these warnings using either the DJI Phantom Assistant or DJI Vision App.
b) When the battery level reaches a Critical Battery Level Warning, the aircraft will automatically land.
The motors will power off after landing.
c) The speed of descent will be automatically adjusted based on current altitude.
d) Minimum adjustable height limit set to 20m.
e) Magnetic declination value stored to improve flight course accuracy.
f) Various bug fixes.

Phantom2
What’s new?
Main Controller Firmware
1. When the battery level reaches a Critical Battery Level Warning, the aircraft will automatically land. The motors will
power off after landing.
2. When the battery level reaches a Low Battery Level Warning, Auto Go Home will be activated.*
3. The speed of descent will be automatically adjusted based on current altitude.
4. Minimum adjustable height limit set to 20m.
5. Magnetic declination value stored to improve flight course accuracy.
6. Various bug fixes.

I don't see any differences.

The P2 and Vision2+ are basically exactly the same if I'm correct, be it that the P2 is 2.4GHz and the V2+ 5.8GHz. The addition of the gimbal and camera doesn't make the V2+ a whole lot different. The phantom firmware is the same for both. All the flight data is in there. For the P2 you just need IOSD to make it visible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31