Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Go APP video on tablet

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by Guy Francis, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Guy Francis

Hello, hope someone can help me here...

My Go App seems to be working fine on my tablet for taking photos and general flying, but as soon as i slide the photo to the video mode the whole screen flickers (like the end of an old film - or an old tv!!)

But the strange thing is when i stop the video and put the SD card into my PC to view it the quality of video is good! So i am only getting the problem when i am actually shooting the video.

Could it be a setting on my tablet? (it almost seems as though my tablet can't keep up with the speed or quality of video recording)

Sorry, i am a bit of a newbie here and don't really know much, but can anyone help?

2. chapy23

What is the model of your tablet, maybe it's not powerfull enough. (just a tought)

3. AngryBird

I had similar problem with my Samsung galaxy S3 (its definitely not in recommended device list).
    What solved my problem:
    1st - connect your aircraft and start DJI GO app, enter camera mode.
    2nd - in photo mode go to camera settings and set your aspect ratio to 16:9.
    3rd - restart app, then switching to video recording mode should not affect live view.
    (Sometimes I need to repeat steps one or two times, because when I restart app my settings hasn`t been saved, I still see 4:3 aspect ratio)
    Let us know if it helped.

4. Squirrel!

Stop all other programs that don't need to be running. Bandwidth usage is high when flying. If you have 2 or 3 programs to fly with as most of us do, be certain they also have been force stopped. That should resolve the issue. Worked for me.

5. chapy23

@Squirrel

Any free app to kill those unecessary services and apps on Android ?

6. Squirrel!

I went thru every app, one by one and manually stopped them.Also deleted all the apps that will never be used as this is solely for the P3s...

7. chapy23

Thank's for the info. I'll give it a try to clean my smartphone before next flight.