Go app reports no signal...but resolved eventually

Reaction score
I'm new to drones and after spending a lot of hours researching and watching videos I bought a phantom 3 advanced. 4 successful flights in, I decided to head to the coast for some dramatic shots, but on getting there the DJI Go app reports no signal and nothing I try resolves it. The app is saying I have a p3 pro, but I have the advanced? After much powering on and off, reinstalling the app and re-pairing the remote, I had to give up and go home, a bit dejected.
On getting home, I did a bit of messing about, and decided to change the order everything was switched on. App first, then drone, then TX. Success! Switched everything off and back on in the correct order...no dice. Back to app, drone, TX and it's working again. And the app now reports the correct version.Have I being doing it wrong all along? Disappointed I didn't get my cliffs and waves shots but happy I don't have a £700 brick! Anyone else had this issue and is it likely to happen again?

I'm new to drones and after spending a lot of hours researching and watching videos I bought a phantom 3 advanced. 4 successful flights in, I decided to head to the coast for some dramatic shots, but on getting there the DJI Go app reports no signal and nothing I try resolves it. The app is saying I have a p3 pro, but I have the advanced? After much powering on and off, reinstalling the app and re-pairing the remote, I had to give up and go home, a bit dejected.
On getting home, I did a bit of messing about, and decided to change the order everything was switched on. App first, then drone, then TX. Success! Switched everything off and back on in the correct order...no dice. Back to app, drone, TX and it's working again. And the app now reports the correct version.Have I being doing it wrong all along? Disappointed I didn't get my cliffs and waves shots but happy I don't have a £700 brick! Anyone else had this issue and is it likely to happen again?
The correct sequence is:
1) Turn on tx or RC
2) Turn on Aircraft and wait 15 seconds.
3) Start Go App.

This is the way I start all my birds and never had any problems.

Reactions: Double_DoubleG
Bizarre then that an incorrect sequence was the only thing to get rid of "no signal" on this occasion.

Are you sure you downloaded the "Advanced" software?

I frequently have this problem with my P4. I'm pretty tech savvy but it has me stumped. My Nexus 7 works intermittently, and only when WIFI is close by. I thought you didn't need wifi for these to work.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik