Go App No Go

Yep agree with that. Have been flying on a sim for a couple of weeks which has helped a lot. But the P3seems pretty easy compared to the sim. Will take it slow, most of my flying will be over water
What Android device are you using? Is it one of the recommended ones or not?
It's one of the recommended ones

Definitely keep your bird in line of sight. You don't want to be flying by the tablet in case it drops out again. This is a documented issue with Android devices but I sure hope you have it solved for your case. Good luck.

Witch version, 2.01 or 2.02? I have use 2.01 and disabled Google play services. It is very stable, no crash.... Also the video quality is very good, no lag or suttering.

OK., I have got all that.
Now my pad has lost its battery, so I'll have to charge it for a while before I reboot. I think it looks good. Thanks heaps for the advice, I would have been scratching my head all night. Hope I can get out for a better experience tomorrow. It was pretty great with the short flight I had today.
Thanks again.

BE READY FOR THIS ONE AS WELL OKAY?

Are you familiar with the Gapps error with Android?
This error is Guaranteed going to pop up on you again first off.
You may get days without it happening you may get it after 3 battery flights or even one.
But IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN.

The Gapps error will blank the DJI Go App screen.
A small window will appear after this telling you a GAPPS error Happened.
You Click the OK button and you are flying again.

So What do you do?
Nothing! Don't Panic click OK on your popup window.
Continue Flying..

If you were shooting Video when this happens it will not be lost.

This is a Nuisance Bug that lasts for a few seconds it is the Android System telling you something it wanted to do did not. It has nothing to do with the Running DJI GO APP. It's a coding routine that other software encounters as well, it just happens DJI GO is one of them.

Last edited:
Have been out for a few flights today and set the pad up as per "trigon" instructions (earlier post) and haven't had any issues so looking good. Even felt confident enough to fly it out over the water for a short hop. This is where most of video is going to be shot so I thought I'd better get my feet wet. (Bad Joke!)
anyhow all is going well. I also found that the Samsung pad I have is too wide to be accepted on the tablet holder, so I removed the holder (just to get it out of the way) from the controller and set my pad up on a tripod. The set up works well and I'll probably look at getting a longer USB connection. I'll take some pics and post them later. Thanks again trigon and everyone else for their input.

Reactions: Wild_West and Oso
You are welcome thats what this forum is for right :) Btw - I think its better to disable visual sensors when flying over water... Not sure though..? Can anyone confirm?

You are welcome thats what this forum is for right :) Btw - I think its better to disable visual sensors when flying over water... Not sure though..? Can anyone confirm?
Yes ofcourse.
VPS will only detect hard surface, if you have a low flight in the hard surface then you go trought the water it fill detect the height on the hard surface, that makes the bird drop the height, it can be counter by push the throtle up. But still dengerous.
I've tried when fly at back yard I have a pound. I had been panic when the bird goes down and make my bird crash. Luckily the bird has no damage

Reactions: trigon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31