Go app crashes when I press record

Reaction score
So the app was working fine the other day. Now after updating the app with the "New file for DJI" the app crashes as soon as I press record. Before that, it works fine but press record and its dead. Anybody else going through this?

I'm going to attempt to answer my own question but being a newbie at this i would appreciate some confirmation. I mentioned that the Go app was instantly freezing and crashing the second I press record. During this time, it was cloudy out. In fact, it was right after a storm. 2.7 k crashed, 1080p crashed, but 720p did record ok but I decided not to fly just in case the app crashed again. So I'm going to assume that the heavy clouds was blocking the signal needed for the excessive amount of information that 2.7K and 1080p would transfer and therefore the app would crash. I hope I'm right about it and I'll try again later today if it's clear out but if I'm way off, slap me up the side of the head lmao. I just want to make sure I know every little detail I can get my hands on so I don't end up losing $800 someday lol. Thanks in advance for any replies. Any help is much appreciated.

I have never had cloud's cause me any issue's whatever with signals or getting sat's . Not sure why you are having the crashing app issue but I'm on latest IOS update and video on 1080 .
Is cloudy here and gonna try and make a run at 400' and see just how this one does at that .
I'm not sure about
"New file for DJI"
but mine might be on auto update . I hadn't seen it ask for anything . Yet

I have never had cloud's cause me any issue's whatever with signals or getting sat's . Not sure why you are having the crashing app issue but I'm on latest IOS update and video on 1080 .
Is cloudy here and gonna try and make a run at 400' and see just how this one does at that .
I'm not sure about but mine might be on auto update . I hadn't seen it ask for anything . Yet
It's actually called additional file for DJ I. My bad. But yeah, its weird. If by press record on 2.7 K or 1080 P it immediately freezes and after a few seconds the app closes. The camera actually keeps recording and I cannot open the app until I power off the aircraft to stop the recording and then turn it back on. So far 720p was recording but I don't want to fly until I figure this out. It did this both on Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Tab 3 Lite.

I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!! Ok, listen up. I searched and searched all over and I finally came across a forum on the DJI Forums site. Apparently if you clear the cach and turn the "Cach locally while recording" to OFF, it will stop the app from crashing. I tried it out and it works perfectly now. It must have been off to begin with and maybe after my latest update, it turned it back on or something. I don't know but I'm definitely going to be checking that every single flight to make sure it's off.

Glad you got that took care off !!! This app is the only thing I have a problem with and all the settings . I just looked to see what mine is on
and can't find
"Cach locally while recording"
. What is that under or in ?

Glad you got that took care off !!! This app is the only thing I have a problem with and all the settings . I just looked to see what mine is on
and can't find . What is that under or in ?
When you go ro camera view click on the settings at the top eight and scroll down to cach.

Well ya got me on the ...top eight ...and ether ya have to have the bird powered up to see that or I'm still lost..not unusually
Here's what I have found though
IMG_1471.PNG

Well ya got me on the ...top eight ...and ether ya have to have the bird powered up to see that or I'm still lost..not unusually
Here's what I have found though
View attachment 32459
You must not have the standard. But it looks similar to mine. Where it says recording next to video cache, can you turn it off?

You must not have the standard. But it looks similar to mine. Where it says recording next to video cache, can you turn it off?
Ya it's the standard and you see it's on so yes it can be cut off . Mine is not crashing though but I am trying to learn this app .
Is a lot different than what I have used over the last year and a half ! :eek:
I'm gonna cut it off to see what if anything changes with mine .Am glad that fixed yours :)
Maybe you can record in 1080 now !
Thanks ;)

Ya it's the standard and you see it's on so yes it can be cut off . Mine is not crashing though but I am trying to learn this app .
Is a lot different than what I have used over the last year and a half ! :eek:
I'm gonna cut it off to see what if anything changes with mine .Am glad that fixed yours :)
Maybe you can record in 1080 now !
Thanks ;)
After looking at that setting again all that swith does is what it says to the left of it . I always pull my stuff off the card and reformat it
each time I fly and later delete it from the library in the app also . Not sure where you cut of that Recording to the right of Video Cache .
I will figure this app out ...just a big step up from the Vision app :)
I'm gonna keep watching you all and just keep experimenting ;)

After looking at that setting again all that swith does is what it says to the left of it . I always pull my stuff off the card and reformat it
each time I fly and later delete it from the library in the app also . Not sure where you cut of that Recording to the right of Video Cache .
I will figure this app out ...just a big step up from the Vision app :)
I'm gonna keep watching you all and just keep experimenting ;)
Mine looks like this. Come to think of it, it was always on. I always cleared my card and cache too but from what this guy was saying, it also saves video cache on your phone too. I guess it built up and then caused the crashing. I'll link you to the forum I saw where he explains step by step what to do. I did it and then went flying and got 17 mins on 2.7K and max distance of 2000ft!!!

Here is the link:

DJI Forum|DJI Go APP Crashing Bug (repeatable)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-01-17-26-04.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-01-17-26-04.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 440

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20