Go App - Android

Reaction score
I have a P3P that I got in May 2015. Before this, I haven't had any problems since I bought it.

The Go App automatically updated on my S7 phone and Tab A. Both are Samsung products. It's now at version v2.8.2 .

Ever since, the app has been disconnecting repeatedly.

I thought it might be the cable, so I bought a new one, in addition to trying another cable I have. But it's still disconnecting intermittently.

Is anyone else having random software crashes and/or disconnects with the new Android Go app?

My GO app also automatically updated. Have not noticed any difference in performance. It may be that the 2.8.2 app is more demanding of CPU so killing all other running apps may help. I have had video display tearing on my Nexus and killing all other apps fixed that.

Reactions: SouthernPhantom
Thanks! I still haven't ruled out some sort of cable issue, as well. I'm playing with it indoors without blades now. It's still happening. I'm thinking that the RC's USB port may be causing a loose connection. Time for some duct tape?

Thanks! I still haven't ruled out some sort of cable issue, as well. I'm playing with it indoors without blades now. It's still happening. I'm thinking that the RC's USB port may be causing a loose connection. Time for some duct tape?
I have seen more than one USB cable go flakey.

Why not disable auto update for that app on your device used for the GO app?

I do not allow anything to auto update with my devices. I want to see what changes are listed before hand. Just wait until the time comes that you won't be able to fly your aircraft because of a app screw up. I've seen that happen a few times.

I appreciate the responses!

I secured the RC's USB cable connection with duct tape. And it turns out that the new Geo feature can be easily disabled with a menu option in the Go App. So I did that too.

So everything's back to normal! I had a bunch of good flights today!

I'll debug which one it is at a later date. I'm still inclined to think that my RC's USB port has gotten flaky.

Without belaboring the subject, I'll reiterate that I've never had a bad experience with any update, firmware or software. Since no one else seems to be suffering from the Go App's latest update, that supports the hardware aspect. My P3P is a year old, and I've done a lot of flying!

Up up and away! :)

Last edited:
Bad USB ports on the controller seems to be an issue that has been reported and fixed by DJI more than a few times. They seem to be delicate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj