GO APP 4.0 Only for P4P?

Reaction score
I got the impression that GO 4 was for the P4P as it doesn't show up unless you're on the P4P page on DJI's website. For the P4 it shows app version 3.1.0 for P4P it shows 4.0.0.

Educate me why DJI doesn't put the 4.0 app on the P4 page?

Because maybe they haven't updated the web page yet? Seeing as Go 4 was only released last week.

Is GO 4 better? Bigger badder best?

I was just wondering why they didn't make it an update to the existing DJI GO. I must assume it's new from the ground up, since it was released as a separate standalone app.

DJI told me on the phone just now that you need the new DJI Go App to fly the P4P. The P4P won't fly with the old app. Stinks because that means I need to buy a new Ipad. My Ipad Mini isn't compatible with the new app. ughh!

Is GO 4 better? Bigger badder best?

I was just wondering why they didn't make it an update to the existing DJI GO. I must assume it's new from the ground up, since it was released as a separate standalone app.

It's good that it was separated out. New products always go through revisions and if the app is the same, there will be changes in Go app from time to time and we may be forced to update app for a stabilized product say P3P. Off late there have been introduced at least 3 new products and they are making Go app bulky and frequent updates are issued. I'm sure there are few more new apis introduced for new products which are not needed for old.

On the other side it's also good for DJI to test Go app for fewer combinations now and thus we expect a better result.

So in short, it's good for all of us to have a branching out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4