Go App 3.1.3 maps not caching

Reaction score
Have P3S, Nvidia Shield K1 with 7.0 update, latest firmware.

Correction: Map OK satellite view has no resolution

The Here satellite map when disconnected is visible at the proper resolution in the App. I left the tablet on for an hour to cache the local satellite view. When connecting there is no resolution whatever. Anyone else have this problem? Google satellite view on previous versions cached pretty quickly.

Tried on Galaxy S7 and it works as it should. Apparently a Shield issue. Suggestions?

Last edited:
See correction to post.
Have since uninstalled the app, cleared all cache, found 2 here folders and deleted them along with everything with dji in the name, turned off, restarted, reinstalled the app, then the satellite views appear when connected to the AC.

Open the DJI Go app, click on camera view and open the map and map and maximise it.
Look around the area you are interested in at the scale you want.

Thanks to Meta for the above

Last edited:
Hi, I have a Nexus 7 running Android 6.0.1.

The way I cache maps has nothing to do with the Go app. Just fire up the tablet and connect to the internet and select Google maps. On my display Google maps appears and in the top left the is a box with three horizontal lines with try petrol stations, cash machines or something similar.

Tap on the three horizontal lines and another box opens. One of the selections is 'Offline Areas'. Tap that and select your own area. Once you have done this it will last for about a month before you have to renew it otherwise it gets deleted.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks for info Delta Mike, il try this out once i get home, i thought my dji go App had "Here" maps instead of google, could we be running different verions of dji go app ? , thanks for your help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen