Go and Litchi Connection Issue

Fly Dawg

"Electricity is really just organized lightning"
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Now I suppose it's my turn to ask. Flew 2 days ago just fine, no issues. Android updated to Marshmallow 6.01
yesterday. Here are some details. The P3A is only 2 months old and only has 20 flights or so.

Go App: 2.8.1
RC: 1.6
AC: 1.8.80
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy S5
Flew just fine with the above, no issues.

All above are the same, except for the Android Version which is now 6.01
Now, no video, or telemetry info and App never say's it is connected to AC.
However, the RC is connected. Green light on RC. Motors start, AC will hover
with GPS. All manual controls appear normal.

Steps taken Thus far:
1) Tried 3 different USB cables: Same results
2) Re-booted Phone: Same results
3) Re-started RC, AC and app 3 times: Same results
4) Uninstalled and re-installed app: Same results

Any other thoughts or idea's? Android setting possibly?

I would try this... clear all video cache on the phone. Clear all flight cache records and make sure USB debugging is on. Turn on airplane mode and kill all back ground apps. Whenever I update the go app, I always uninstall first then install after that. Give those a try and maybe reinstall it.

Also wait about 30 seconds or so after the phantom is turned on before you plug in your usb cable and start the go app. Controller on first.. phantom on second...wait a few then go app last.

Tried all above suggestions, thanks for the attempt, but same results. Works fine with Ipad Air.
But phone is primary. Please let me know if you come up with any other ideas.

Tried all above suggestions, thanks for the attempt, but same results. Works fine with Ipad Air.
But phone is primary. Please let me know if you come up with any other ideas.
Uninstall both.
Try GO only.
If GO works, install Litchi.
If you find that neither works after both are installed on the same device then the problem is that you cannot have GO and Litchi on the same Marshmallow device.

Make sure to KILL the background task. If you start GO and exit it and try to run Litchi, you won't get a connection. After you close GO (or Litchi), hit the tasks button (to the left of the home button on the S5). Swipe away GO (or Litchi) to make sure its not running in the background. If its running in the background, its still likely got a lock on the USB port.

Marshmallow is a PITA. They removed the "Just Once" choice for app defaults. At least on the ones I have seen. Unfortunately you have to clear your defaults. Then unplug/plug in the USB cable. The popup will appear again asking what to open it with (this is where it used to have "Just Once" option). Choose Litchi. Litchi should now have control of the USB port and should connect. If you want to use GO, you have to clear the defaults again and unplug/replug the USB to get the choice dialog again this time choosing GO.

Frankly this is THE dumbest thing Google has done with Android since they decided to remove the Image Gallery app. And its this reason I have refused downgrading my nVidia and my S5 from Lollipop (5.x) to Marshmallow (6.x). And yes, IMHO, its a DOWNgrade, not an UPgrade.

Odds are, once you settle into using Litchi, you won't be needing GO for anything other than IMU calibrations or possibly for stick curves. Litchi does all that GO does as far as flight goes and more. I am not sure but I don't think the API that DJI released (which makes Litchi and other apps possible) exposes some of the internal settings and calibrations which is why 3rd party apps don't have IMU cal nor the gains settings.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj