GO 2.4.3 released

Not yet released for iOS

Open for discussion
More importantly, any new restrictions?
Even more importantly, it is not for Phantom owners so there's not much to discuss.
A tiny bit of reading brings enlightenment:
Supported Equipment:
- The Inspire 1, Phantom 3 and Matrice 100 flying platforms
- The Osmo handheld gimbal and camera
What's New
- A revamped Osmo interface with quick access menus for the camera and gimbal. Optimized the volume for sound recording and operations in Selfie mode.
- The Home Point resetting feature is now supported by the Lightbridge 2 plus A2 flight control system.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Yeah yeah I read all that. But DJI don't always tell you what they removed. As an example going from 2.4 to 2.4.1, the option to format data recorder suddenly disappeared, and they didn't mention that any where.

Do again, anybody find anything missing yet?

Also can someone with older firmware please check if this version works with older firmware (older than 1.4). This could be how DJI trick you into making an irreservable firmware upgrade.

Also can someone with older firmware please check if this version works with older firmware (older than 1.4). This could be how DJI trick you into making an irreservable firmware upgrade.
There's no need to check anything unless you want to waste your time playing silly conspiracy theory games.
You don't need to install this on your P3 at all.
There's nothing in it for your Phantom.

There's no need to check anything unless you want to waste your time playing silly conspiracy theory games.
You don't need to install this on your P3 at all.
There's nothing in it for your Phantom.
They are slowly taking options from you. Be forewarned.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
They are slowly taking options from you. Be forewarned.
Yes .. we've been warned plenty of times about this totally loopy conspiracy theory.
The trouble with it is that there is no evidence to back it up.
But go searching out the evil intentions of DJI if that makes you happy.
Just don't expect everyone else to join in.

Reactions: phantom13flyer

Attachments

• 1449969221087.jpg
    1449969221087.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 357
image.jpeg
Yeah, I think I will revert back to the old reliable system...

RedHotPoker

Yes .. we've been warned plenty of times about this totally loopy conspiracy theory.
The trouble with it is that there is no evidence to back it up.
But go searching out the evil intentions of DJI if that makes you happy.
Meta, you've been given numerous examples of features removed, and today your stating you've seen no evidence. I'm perplexed why you're still in denial, other than your pride of having to admit the possibility of a DJI master plan. I'm a big fan of DJI, but it's seems clear they are doing things without being transparent and up front about it. They aren't disclosing all changes publicly likely because customers will complain and the competition will take advantage of it. It's logical they're trying to minimize their liability. They're hoping we won't notice what they're doing, but we do.... well some of us do.

Last edited:
JL .. I've said it all several times already and get tired of typing stuff that is ignored by the conspiracy theorists.

I'd rather be out flying than getting involved but since you haven't been in the discussions, I'll briefly say that if DJI was acting the way some believe to reduce your flying freedom, there is no way they would have continued to sell the P3 with the amazing range it has.
That's the first thing that would be under threat - not the trivial things that get tossed around as "evidence".
They also wouldn't be bringing in their GEO program to give you more flying freedom in places you can't fly under the current firmware.
The whole DJI-wants-to-reduce-your-flying-freedom idea just doesn't match what I see out there.
Why did they change the number of channels?
To be in compliance with regulations - not because they want to ground you
Why did they delete the ability to format the data recorder?
I don't know (or care) - maybe to ensure that warranty claims would have data to look at?
Why can you only roll back one firmware version?
I don't know but I suspect it's almost certainly a valid technical reason to do with the difficulty of ensuring new versions work with a lot of older versions.
etc etc
I haven't seen any of the conspiracy claims that make any difference to my flying and I can't imagine they have much effect on anyone else either.

The firmware for a Phantom 3 is complex and evolving.
DJI make changes, they add things, they delete things.
That's what happens when you're developing something like this.
To some with a suspicious mindset, they only notice things that fit their concept.
I'm a scientist and I look at things skeptically and weigh up the facts and evidence I see.
I find it easier to believe the silly little things (that make little or no difference to Phantom owners) offered as proof of DJI's nefarious intentions, more than likely have been done for valid technical reasons.

I do believe that DJI has a master plan .. and that's to sell lots and lots of drones by continuing to develop and market the best ready to fly aerial cameras out there.
They want to achieve that by having great products and lots of happy customers.
It's a different vision of their objective but one I find a lot easier to believe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20