GNU License Violations

Reaction score
Think DJI is fixing to be in trouble for Violations due to the camera's running several opensource GPL applications.

I know this is old, but with new research DJI may have many violations here.

Last edited:
I thought that opensource was okay? Not?

I dont think so when DJI takes open source puts it on our quads, encrypts it and places further restrictions. Now that were diving into firmware, files, etc that DJI has used

.........as per
Can Open Source software be used for commercial purposes?

Absolutely. All Open Source software can be used for commercial purpose; the Open Source Definition guarantees this. You can even sell Open Source software.

However, note that commercial is not the same as proprietary. If you receive software under an Open Source license, you can always use that software for commercial purposes, but that doesn't always mean you can place further restrictions on people who receive the software from you. In particular, so-calledcopyleft-style Open Source licenses require that when you distribute the software, you do so under the same license you received it under.

Gotcha :)

So has anyone asked them for the source to their gnu licensed software ? And did they deny it or try to put additional licenses and restrictions on it?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic