Glyph and head tracking question

Reaction score
Hey folks. I'm waiting for a pair of Avegant Glyphs to arrive from the US. I know that DJI recently disabled the head tracking feature for third party headsets to force users into buying its goggles.

This can't have been a firmware related update because there hasn't been any firmware since last year. So it must have been an update to the app? Or is it an update to the firmware of the Glyph??

I'm wondering if anyone with Glyphs has managed to maintain head tracking by using a specific version of the app?

Don't plan on using the feature too much, but wondering if it would be possible to keep a headtracking compatible device (on an old iPhone) around for when I do want to use it.

Any thoughts from fellow Glyph owners?

Last edited:
I'm curious too and hope that somebody replies.

I don't see how it can't be possible. Any change in features has to be controlled by A) The firmware on the bird/AC. B) The firmware on the glyph or C) the software on the phone.

The P4 last received a firmware update in November and the head tracking feature came and went in that time, so that rules that out (for P4 owners). I don't yet know how easy it is to move between firmware on the Glyph.

My money is on a change to the app... and with a bit of messing around, it is fairly easy to roll back to ANY version of an app you choose on iOS.

I know this is old thread - looking for glyph app 1.3 - I think was the last - trying to make sure I have latest firmware - Anyone know where I can find apk or ???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen