Glitchy Camera ..........Phantom Drone Crash

Reaction score
To start off, the past few months I haven't flown it. The camera would act weird with glitches and sometimes I couldn't have control over the drone (Not in the sky). It got to the point where I couldn't even fly anymore, it was in a system error. So I just left it alone. Now to day I decided I would charge it up and everything worked....perfectly. Then, I was in a hover and the drone went straight back at a 90 degree angle and crashed into the dirt. Now the drone is in a system error, I can do a compass calibration and that's it, I can get the rotors running at all. Is this a firmware issue that caused the crash? A hardware issue? Any other people experiencing this problem? Can you link me to something that can help? Thank you for the help -Bowman

try updateing it how many sats did you have

A few things..

Plug it into the Phantom Assist software and check for errors.
An IMU calibration is REQUIRED after a heavy bump.
If no errors, then wait 1 hour for it too fully cool. Then do an Adv IMU calibration on a surface that is levelled with the horizon. Make sure you do this calibration the moment you turn on your phantom - the cooler the phantom, the more accurate.

Take phantom outside and leave the props off and place phantom on a tall cardboard box. Now check your DJI app and see if sat counts are increasing. If sats are zero, then you may of damaged your GPS module or cracked the GPS antenna.
To test, if motors start then GPS module is working. If motors start but zero counts then GPS antenna is cracked. If motors don't start, then GPS module could be damaged or disconnected.

If all is working, then take to open field and redo the compass dance.
Glitches in the camera can be related to the IMU and compass being out of whack.

Reactions: bowman1130

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj