Glasses for Sun Glare?

Reaction score
I fly a Phantom 3s,..controlled with a Kindle Fire HD. I have turned the brightness all the way UP on the Kindle. Also, I have a good Sunshade attached to the Kindle. Still, there are days/times when the GoApp is hard to see.
Does anyone know of sunglasses that help to reduce the sun glare,..yet still allow for LOS flying as well??

sunglasses with yellow shade to them makes things brighter

I would also appreciate help on this one as I bought a dedicated 10" Samsung Tablet as my monitor. Superb quality and absolute crisp and bright screen but take it outdoors, not even on too bright a day and it is almost unusable due to the glare of the day.

From some of the excellent videos, clearly, many people have overcome the problem of glare while flying outdoors.

Help for me too please.

Last edited:
I use a samsung tab s with an anti reflective screen and polarising sun glasses to cut out any reflections, makes it better.

Just a caution, with the polarising sun glass my hudl2 screen is completely black, so i guess it depends on the tablet screen as well if the polarising su glasses would work.

If going the polarized sunglasses route, make sure you bring your tablet with you to the sunglass store. If the polarity of the sunglasses is the same as your screen, the screen will look completely black through the glasses (eg, Ray Ban's and the nVidia Shield... the tablet was only visible when held vertically lol)

Combination FPV/LOS Device
This is the only method that has worked for me. The second prototype was considerably reduced in size due to the shorter focal length. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy T4 7".
Its amazing the increase in confidence in flying and filming when you can actually see the monitor clearly. Its not like wearing goggles where you can't do LOS without removing the goggles. With this device LOS is just a matter of looking up and FPV looking down.

I use a samsung tab s with an anti reflective screen and polarising sun glasses to cut out any reflections, makes it better.

Just a caution, with the polarising sun glass my hudl2 screen is completely black, so i guess it depends on the tablet screen as well if the polarising su glasses would work.
Combination FPV/LOS Device
This is the only method that has worked for me. The second prototype was considerably reduced in size due to the shorter focal length. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy T4 7".
Its amazing the increase in confidence in flying and filming when you can actually see the monitor clearly. Its not like wearing goggles where you can't do LOS without removing the goggles. With this device LOS is just a matter of looking up and FPV looking down.

I feel you have hit the nail on the head, 'confidence' to fly the machine. In my field the other day, I took my P3P up into the sky just for the hell of it. I could no longer see the machine by eye and was then astonished to discover, from the screen, where the heck I was so hit the 'come home' button. For me, this is a complete failure though glad of this facility to retrieve my bird.

I seriously do wonder if DJI never overcame the problem of a workable screen for outdoors and is the reason the Phantom Controller comes without an integral screen? You fly it, you can't see what is really happening with YOUR screen, you crash it, therefore, your fault!

Such a pity to have paid over £1,000 for a superb flying machine to then have a need to dress as a spaceman to fly it in daytime, though I've already said, some have overcome the problem looking at their exceedingly well taken videos.

Without being able to steer the craft through the screen I can't so far see how this machine is usable, yet many are so doing!

Perhaps DJI should issue us all with a blacked out bird hide for our outdoor ventures.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic