Glasses and Goggles

Well....lol.
I was going to mention the HDMI module was at micro centers here in the states for $39 .....
I have one more store near me I can check.
If they do, do you want me to grab one for you?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Oh I have the HDMI module. Kind you they are £80 over here. I meant the module for the Epsom glasses, it enables them to work with P3A.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The HDMI module for the Epson glasses was $399, but I couldn't wait for the BT-300 next fall.
With that module you no longer need the android unit that controlled the BT-200's - you plug the glasses directly into the unit. No bootup time or anything, just power up and go go go!

I'm just a hobbyist but I when I'm using the glasses i hardly ever look at the tablet, just use it for taking pictures or starting/stopping video recording. It's fantastic to "see" what your drone sees right in front of you but you can still see the real world. Think of it like a 70 inch TV about 6 feet in front of you, but you can see thru it (probably not the best description. I wear a baseball cap when I fly and that keeps any glare out plus it kinda hides the glasses so I don't look like a complete geek!

I've gone and ordered a set of the Goggles One. For a £100 it's got to be worth a punt.

And I have cancelled it due to putting the date back to July.
On a positive note Fatshark have reduced their Dominator HD V2 by £80. Nice, so as I want to build my own drone later on, this has got to be my best option.

Ok, quick question.......
If you are buying Glasses or Goggles for your P3A or P3P why does everybody rave about Fatsharks, Headgear as the must get gear etc.
Now I'm not slating any of these products but why are you paying for something that is surplus to (most users) requirements. By that I mean most of us plug our gear into the HDMI output on the controller... So why pay for the 5.8ghz receiver, and diversity extras...? Surely a high percentage of the cost is for the extras that you have no need for and therefore will never use (unless of course you intend on extending your Drone collection, which to be fair, I not many do). So would a basic pair of Glasses (providing they have a HDMI input and support the resolution) suffice and browsing through eBay, you can pick up a set for half the price., with equally good resolution, half the weight and longer battery life.

You are right, we don't need headset to provide additional support to receive video stream, you can directly get it from HDMI port. many of us have old planes which had no provision for FVP and we used FatShart provided gear to get the video stream and display.

Would love a link to the goggles that are half the price, the same or better resolution, etc.
Thanks, I'm in the market for a pair and all the ones I find for half the price have horrible reviews.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Still to see a good resolution with good price (within $200)

I love the BT's, but you need the module for them, which I believe is about £300.

Its are very expensive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic