Glasses and Goggles

Reaction score
Ok, quick question.......
If you are buying Glasses or Goggles for your P3A or P3P why does everybody rave about Fatsharks, Headgear as the must get gear etc.
Now I'm not slating any of these products but why are you paying for something that is surplus to (most users) requirements. By that I mean most of us plug our gear into the HDMI output on the controller... So why pay for the 5.8ghz receiver, and diversity extras...? Surely a high percentage of the cost is for the extras that you have no need for and therefore will never use (unless of course you intend on extending your Drone collection, which to be fair, I not many do). So would a basic pair of Glasses (providing they have a HDMI input and support the resolution) suffice and browsing through eBay, you can pick up a set for half the price., with equally good resolution, half the weight and longer battery life.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Would love a link to the goggles that are half the price, the same or better resolution, etc.
Thanks, I'm in the market for a pair and all the ones I find for half the price have horrible reviews.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Very true. What else have you found..? The flysight look nice.

Very true. What else have you found..? The flysight look nice.

I watched the following video review some time ago and when I did, I started to steer clear of the smaller glasses.
It's a long video but worth viewing.

The eachine look very good. Might go for those and a good price too.

Are you going to order a set ..? Free shipping to UK to.

Yah, for the price.....
I'll read a few reviews when they come out in the next view days and probably grab them then.
What Phantom do you have?
I have the Professional and grabbed the HDMI module from Micro Center for $39 bucks, normally $99.....
I want a pair bad though and my wife is game :).
She can put them on while I fly with the tablet. Should be fun.
You?

I'm using the Epson Moverio BT-200 glasses with my Phantom 2 vision and also with my Phantom 3 Pro. These glasses are awesome - you can still see the "world" outside so you still have your drone in sight. For the phantom 3 I had to get the HDMI unit for the Phantom controller and the HDMI video adapter for the Epson glasses (I gave a brief review of that on these forums - Moverio BT200 + Colorado Video DM485CS = DJI Phantom 3 FPV! )

You can get the bundle (Moverio Glasses plus the HDMI adapter for the glasses) at prelaunch.com for about $800.00
HDMI Input Accessory

Please note that Epson has announced the BT-300 glasses and claim to ship them "fall 2016" - I already had the BT-200 and just needed the HDMI adapter and didn't want to wait all summer/fall and HOPE the new model would ship on time.
Here's an ugly pic - I have since prettied up the cables!

View media item 1689

I can't see the pic.... I'm on an iPad. I'll try my Nvidia Shield in a few.
I have the HDMI module already, I just need the goggles.
How do you like flying with them?
What app do you use them with?
Thanks for giving me your opinion. Much appreciated!

I love the BT's, but you need the module for them, which I believe is about £300.

I really want some glasses due to size and not wanting to look a complete nerd.....!!! But the display of the Eachine Goggles One, the specs and the price, to me, make it a no brainer.
I have an option of the BT-200 but can't find the module at a reasonable price.

I really want some glasses due to size and not wanting to look a complete nerd.....!!! But the display of the Eachine Goggles One, the specs and the price, to me, make it a no brainer.
I have an option of the BT-200 but can't find the module at a reasonable price.

Where are you located?

A few thousand miles away...... In the rain. Although it is quite warm.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj