Glass lens cover replacement

Reaction score
Had a bit of a crash and broke the glass on the lens cover so unscrewed it and took all of it out. Been looking round for spares and the only thing I've come across is an ND filter to give it a bit of protection (ND100 Phantom3 DJI Glass Filter Neutral Density)

Does anyone know anything else that could be done?

Look around and contact people who have also crashed their P3 to see if they want to see that part. I'd keep in mind, I think it's unlikely that you'd scratch the lens of the camera but it's possible if it's exposed. If this happens I'd think you'd be forced to replace the entire camera which would be far more expensive.

If some one set you up up with the thickness and diameter, a glass shop could whip one out in no time.
In fact going to make a note to self to do that, should not cost much and mite come in handy down the road.
Thanks for asking the question.
After all were doing it with custom made ND filters now.

EDIT: Just take the lens piece to you local glass shop I bet they could measure it and set you up.

Yeah I was thinking that it will probably be ok to fly around with no cover until I get something for it.
Good idea about the glass shop but do you know if it needs to be some kind of special kind of glass?

Had a bit of a crash and broke the glass on the lens cover so unscrewed it and took all of it out. Been looking round for spares and the only thing I've come across is an ND filter to give it a bit of protection (ND100 Phantom3 DJI Glass Filter Neutral Density)

Hey I've got the same issue - can I ask please, how did you get the lens cover off, and how does it film without it? Thanks!
(wooo! This is my first post on here!)

DJI is selling the replacement UV filter now.

http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-uv-filter

I fear the UV filter is just thought to be placed on top of the glass cover. I'm also interested to know how to remove the glass cover, I also had a small crash and I need to unmount the cover and replace the glass. I hope someone can help, it is also my first post here. Thanks

It unscrews.

And it's not just a piece of glass. It's a UV filter.

Dji sells replacements on their site as well as a ND4 replacement.

Thanks Julius, it was a bit hard at the beginning, but then I was able to unscrew it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj