Glass Filters While Mounted to Gimbal

Reaction score
What kind of glass filters and adapters are people using for the GoPro while mounted to the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal (specifically for prop banding although I'm interested in the use of other filters as well)? Also, do you need to counter balance the weight of it?

From what I understand you can not use most lens covers due to weight. The Zenmuse is only designed for the camera weight, anything more can damage it. However, I use an extremely light Ragecam cover.

For sun banding I made a tiny peak and mounted it on top of the lens cover. Before I had the cover I put it on the top of the lens. Use a quarter or similar coin and cut a circle, cut that in half and use a sharpie to make it black. Place it atop the lens. I used a tiny rubber band to hold it in place. Experiment with size and trim accordingly to keep it out of your cameras view.

LuvMyTJ said:
From what I understand you can not use most lens covers due to weight. The Zenmuse is only designed for the camera weight, anything more can damage it. However, I use an extremely light Ragecam cover.

Can I ask what Ragecam cover you use ? ( and is it for one of their lenses? )

Stock lens, not one of theirs. I am using their cheaper model if you can call it that. http://ragecams.com/shop/slip-clear....html?osCsid=53c19d79110cfcd1b4c16cc26d12bd63 I got it on ebay for $10 since no one else bid on it. It almost looks like a lens with shrink tubing on it to hold it to the Gopro. Very light, I forget what it weighs. It will accept drop in gel filters. I use a polarized filter.

Where in Western NY are you? Rochester here.

Thanks for the link.. I was looking for something to cover up my lens that was light enough for the gimbal.
I am at the south end of Letchworth Park.. Portageville. A 1 horse town with no horses.

I know the place. Friends of ours live there. He is a local LEO in your area. You've got a great place to fly. Have you had it in the gorge yet? Post some video if you have it. Which rig do you have? I have the P2 with Zenmuse, GP H3 BLK.

By the way, the cover weighs 2.3 grams.

I am waiting on my P2 with Zenmuse 3d / GP H3+ setup to arrive. Hope it gets shipped next week. After a bit of practice I will attempt the gorge flight... lol

You'll enjoy that setup a lot. Get ready to empty your wallet! (some more) :lol:
I have added FPV, antennas, batteries, mounts, iOSD, tracker on its way, etc, etc. The wish list goes on!

lol It is empty.
I added FPV, antennas, batteries, iOSD, ground station as well as some goggles. I am tapped out...
What tracker did you use ?

Im gonna give the TK-102B a try. Most likely a clone but it's a US seller with a 100% guarantee so I figured I would roll the dice.
Looking at the Skyzone goggles but still doing the research. What did you get?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.