GL300 C CONTROLLER

I continue to receive conflicting info regarding weather a GL300C will pair up and work with a Phantom 4 Pro. Will it or not?

No.

On another subject, here's another very strange anomaly with DJI controllers....

The P4A uses a GL300C controller. However GL300C controllers that ship with P4 will not work with P4A craft. This implies the controllers are identical hardware-wise, but they have different firmware that make them incompatible, between P4 and P4A, even though both controllers have GL300C printed on them.

Also, DJI shipped GL300C controllers with P3P that have PAF mode switch labeled. The same GL300C controller ships with P4 craft with PSA mode switch labeled. However, these two controller are compatible with each other, except for the mode switch labeling.

This means there are 3 DIFFERENT controllers, all labeled GL300C. I find that amusing, but I still love DJI, warts and all.

Last edited:
No.

On another subject, here's another very strange anomaly with DJI controllers....

The P4A uses a GL300C controller. However GL300C controllers that ship with P4 will not work with P4A craft. This implies the controllers are identical hardware-wise, but they have different firmware that make them incompatible, between P4 and P4A, even though both controllers have GL300C printed on them.

Also, DJI shipped GL300C controllers with P3P that have PAF mode switch labeled. The same GL300C controller ships with P4 craft with PSA mode switch labeled. However, these two controller are compatible with each other, except for the mode switch labeling.

This means there are 3 DIFFERENT controllers, all labeled GL300C. I find that amusing, but I still love DJI, warts and all.

They shipped a GL300C with my P4P and it works.

But it also has range issues. Could this be the cause of it?

They shipped a GL300C with my P4P and it works.

But it also has range issues. Could this be the cause of it?
Something isn't right. GL300C doesn't support 5.8Ghz which the P4P craft supports. The P4A comes with the GL300C, so if your box is labeled Phantom 4 Pro, and the controller has GL300C printed on it, you got screwed, you actually got a Phantom 4 Advanced. You should have got the GL300F controller like me, with support for 5.8Ghz. If you paid around $1400 to $1500, I'd send it back and ask for the Phantom 4Pro. The 5.8Ghz in AUTO is awesome for range, 4 to 5mi with an LOS connection.

Thanks for the heads up. My new P4P arrives Wednesday. I noticed while shopping, some "deals" quietly omitted the fact that the package did not include a controller at all. Imagine a seller quietly including the GL300C. Now I trust Beach Camera, but will check that when it arrives.

I seem to recall "P4P Range Too Short" threads here; hmmm...

I seem to recall "P4P Range Too Short" threads here; hmmm...

Yes there was a thread like that. Conclusion, fly 5.8Ghz AUTO to maximize range on P4P craft. This is very different than P4 which worked better with a custom 2.4Ghz band channel (ch 30 with the hack) with reduced bit rate to 4mbps to maximize range. If you don't have the hack, ch 20 or 13 are typically the most quiet in my area.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl