GIVEAWAY: Microraptor Pro Backpack (for P3P/P3A)

That's very nice of the two of you. This spring, summer & fall I will be filming wildlife habitats in upper Ontario. Most of these areas require long hiking journeys. The backpack looks suited for this.

I would love a molle case like this. It actually matches my roll out/hunting bag
340008_p_2037_n_cb

Looking at something like this now. Could take it hunting with me and be able to strap my molle gear and rifles to it.

I would love to get this backpack, I just purchased a new P3A and don't have a case for it yet. This would come in really handy when taking video out in cottage country.

Need a case for my p3a and this would be perfect. Since it can be worn as a backpack I'll still have two hands free to carry our twin girls around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really need it, but that is beside the point...I could not believe your offer was legit so I asked my friend (who is a private eye) to check you out...all talk of bags aside, one thing was instantly clear....Your wife is STUNNING!!! I can't believe you have time to run a business when you should be spending more time with her!! You sir, are my Hero!! and she,,she is just plain gorgeous!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would like to win the backpack for my wife's sake. She's tired of sharing the kitchen table with my Phantom and the equipment that comes with it. This way, I can pack it away safely. You know what they say "Happy wife, happy life!"

I would like to win this because just once in my life I would like to win something.
"If I didn't gave bad luck, I'd have no luck at all"
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the great giveaway and all your contributions to the community.

If by any chance my post ends up being lucky ... just let me know but send my bit of luck to the person quoted below ... :)

I would like to win this because just once in my life I would like to win something.
"If I didn't gave bad luck, I'd have no luck at all"

I could really use this backpack. I often go hiking with my friends and transporting my Phantom in its original box is a pain. I currently use a backpack frame that I strap the box to. Hope I win :)

I would really love to win this bag. I am new to drones and plan on doing a lot of traveling I need something to transport my P3 pro. My travel plans include my brand new granddaughter this bag will be a nice ease for traveling with all the baby stuff. Hope to win

I received my phantom 3 around Christmas. With 8 year old triplets and a 3 year old there were no funds to spare for accessories. The family often hikes and geo cashes the plan is to take the phantom to get some aerial photos along the way but is on hold till a proper pack is in hand. So far flights around the house have been fun, getting the kids sledding and playing in the snow but as spring rolls in it would be nice to have a pack to get to the soccer games, outdoor excursions with the family and do it without damaging this great UAS. Great job putting this on I hope you get a lot of good responses and please continue your thoughtful posts on this sight you seem to be a voice of reason keeping everyone on track and as a newer flier I appreciate the info.

Like this case a lot .qill be put to good use here in the swamps of south Louisiana. More than enough. Room

I'd like this bag because, coming from the UK, I don't get to fly her much due to the worst weather on the planet (ok maybe an over exaggeration!) and I need something to protect her from the inevitable gathering of dust.....

Last edited:
On Friday, February 19th, I'm giving away a brand new Microraptor Pro backpack to a lucky Phantom Pilots member.

View attachment 43627

View attachment 43631

Here are more details about this backpack:
  • It's made for the P3P/P3A (the 4K will fit too).
  • The exterior is tan -- interior is black (as pictured above).
  • This can be worn as a backpack or carried like a duffel bag.
  • The dimensions are approximately 24" x 15" x 9".
  • Additional details, photos, reviews, etc. can be found here.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Interested? Here's what you need to do:
  • Post a message in this thread and tell me why you want to win the backpack, what you plan to do with it, etc.
  • Only your first post will be considered.
  • On Friday, February 19th, my wife will pick the post she likes the best.
  • On Saturday, February 20th, I will ship the backpack to the winner (I'll cover the shipping).

Hey Mike!

I would love to get in on the backpack! I currently don't have a carry case for either of my P3's Right now all I have is grocery bags to put the batteries, props and remote in and I hand carry the P3 around! What do I plan to do? I would love to use it to carry either of my P3's safely! I would love to have it as it would make it easier to carry remote places this summer!

Thanks for considering me! Though I never win anything so I dont have my hopes very high. But here is hoping anyway.

I've gone through three back packs already and have given up on backpacks in general for Phantoms. I use a grocery bag to carry it during my hikes and assignments. I'd love to give this one a try and see what the differences are between all the backpacks. I'm also starting a company in which my drone will be used, so this would be very helpful. Thank you!

I'll be honest with you...I don't have any special needs but putting my son in college left about enough discretionary funds to start my first hobby in 20-years. Can't afford a bag right now, but It'd be nice to have something to put it all in.

upload_2016-2-15_13-3-58.png
The cool breeze blasts through the trees on the mountain top. In the snow at the top of a mountain, its something magical. Its majestic, inspiring, and rejuvenating... Its pretty quiet up here except for the swaying of the evergreen trees and the crunch of the snow under my boots. The sweet pine scent is fresh and exhilarating. My wife is sitting on the rock ledge embedded in the snowbank overlooking a massive crevice below. She radio's to me that she's ready. I tell the little ones, "Ok, who's ready!" and send the first little snowboarder down the slope.

Together my wife and I record the footage of the 5th graders as they carve down the slope.
The boy scout electronics club we have been chaperoning is interested in RC and some of the boys are into video editing. The boys haven't made any finished product yet, but its coming. We go on hikes weekly and take our clan out to enjoy the scenery and wildlife of Oregon.

If we win this backpack, it will be well used. It will fit our phantoms and the extra gear which already bulges from the other lesser backpacks we have tried to make suit the bulky phantom and its accessories. I'm positive the clan will sew our boy scout troop patch to the side and take great care of it. It looks sturdy and well made. This would make a fine addition to our club and we wish best of luck to all flyers young, old, big and small.

Cheers,
Chris

Next hike will be Crater Lake, OR (not my pic)

Personally I think we're all in a hobby that requires a certain degree of financial stability so I don't think anyone NEEDS it. Having said that, I got into this hobby by buying a crashed P2. I had to first off learn what an esc and motor were, then learn how to solder them.

The day I got my $200 drone back on the air was amazing. Sure I didn't have a camera yet but knowing my hard work had put that bird back in the sky really does something to you.

I finally came into a go pro second hand and was finally able to use the fpv stuff that was already wired in. I flew that P2 for months and months.

While my friends that were getting into flying were off buying brand new P3s, I kept chugging along with my 2.

Anyway. I fixed that P2 all up, sold it at the right time and was just finally able to afford a P3 but only just that. No case, no extra batteries nothin. I would LOVE a case since right now I'm basically limited to flying around my neighborhood.

I'd love to be able to safely transport my pride and joy to other towns to get more footage.

I don't really know where I'm going with this other than I would not take this for granted and it would mean the world to me.

Thank you for even giving us the opportunity.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31