Gimbol on a fc40

Looks like my SJ4000 didn't make it in the crash. I've been looking at the new SJ5000...it will be here Wednesday :)

Looks like my SJ4000 didn't make it in the crash. I've been looking at the new SJ5000...it will be here Wednesday :)

Sorry to hear that, but on the bright side the batteries are the same so you have 2 now:)

Those LEDs look great its giving me ideas.

How's everything with the SJ5000? My setup is finally finished. I had to return the gimbal for the second setup as I got sent the wrong one! I did not know they made an G3S which is for a larger quad. I do have a few pics that I will post soon, but thank you for the ideas that mini camera for FPV is awesome.

How's everything with the SJ5000? My setup is finally finished. I had to return the gimbal for the second setup as I got sent the wrong one! I did not e know they made an G3S which is for a larger quad. I do have a few pics that I will post soon, but thank you for the ideas that mini camera for FPV is awesome.
Wow, a G3s is for a Sony camera. At over $350.00 they messed up.
The SJ5000 is a better camera ,I found one on Amazon for $108.00
It dosent have wifi,but I never used it anyhow. It finally stopped raining here, so off to the field we went. I was testing the PID settings on the Storm32 gimbal controller ,I had just descended from a few hundred feet up, I was giving it a hard workout to see how the settings were. It looks like a wire on one of the ecs's came loose ...
Watching the video, it looks like it may have been flying on 5 motors when I hit the yaw hard..well..the UPS man will be bringing more parts. A hex will fly on five motors unless you are testing the gimbal. In the first video you can hear what sounds like a hiccup in a motor,most likely from the esc wire . In the second video I saw a prop fly off and she could not recover, mabey if I was higher up she may have been able to recover. But not at 15 ft.
It can only take so much.:rolleyes:
This is before the crash
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
And here is the crash, a prop spun off.

Last edited:
Wow, a G3s is for a Sony camera. At over $350.00 they messed up.
The SJ5000 is a better camera ,I found one on Amazon for $108.00
It dosent have wifi,but I never used it anyhow. It finally stopped raining here, so off to the field we went. I was testing the PID settings on the Storm32 gimbal controller ,I had just descended from a few hundred feet up, I was giving it a hard workout to see how the settings were. It looks like a wire on one of the ecs's came loose ...
Watching the video, it looks like it may have been flying on 5 motors when I hit the yaw hard..well..the UPS man will be bringing more parts. A hex will fly on five motors unless you are testing the gimbal. In the first video you can hear what sounds like a hiccup in a motor,most likely from the esc wire . In the second video I saw a prop fly off and she could not recover, mabey if I was higher up she may have been able to recover. But not at 15 ft.
It can only take so much.:rolleyes:
This is before the crash
And here is the crash, a prop spun off.

I did not know about the G3S until I looked it up. The only thing I knew was that it was way too big for the phantom and not usable for me. I neatly packed it back and returned it. I am really enjoying the G2D gimbal. The only thing weird now is the telemetry range. I had to move the antenna to the back when I added the gimbal, so when I turn around to come back I lose signal. Trying to decide how to fix that later. The best position may be to mount the telemetry antenna to the side away from the compass so that when I do turn around the signal should stay the same. Its really weird to me because I have been out much further without losing signal. I can go far and not lose signal, but as soon as I turn around signal goes bye bye.

B&H has the SJ5000 also. How much better of a camera is it? The video I am getting now is really good, but I would buy an SJ5000 if there is a substantial improvement.

The video is definitely super smooth in your video. Going to satrt uploading some video to youtube now too finally. I did not think anything I had was any good mostly flying over large fields and chasing deer:D hopefully your damages were an easy fix. What did you do with your FC40? Doesn't seem like you use it much?

Last edited:
I found some cracks on an arm .i was going to replace the case but never got around to it. This past weekend I pulled the Naza out and put it on a F450 frame with E300 motors. while I'm waiting for parts for the F550. I found a Ublox GPS on eBay for $29.00 . It's supposed to be better than the Dji GPS.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ublox-M8N-GPS-For-DJI-NAZA-Lite-V1-V2-Flight-Controller/121713705859?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20131017132637&meid=19b64c35eec64a058a4840f62de39026&pid=100033&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=121713705859

I installed copper foil on one of my FC40s and I get 13 satellites every time I go out. It is way better than they 7 that I was getting on it before. It used to be the problem quad, but now it is awesome, even upgraded the firmware and its still performing great. How are you liking the G3D gimbal? I really like the G2D. It is great and even better after I balanced it with some pennies:)

I like the g3, I have a storm32 board on it. You can fine tune it more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I like the g3, I have a storm32 board on it. You can fine tune it more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Just wanted to show you the results after putting everything together and testing. Its a really awesome setup and the video is super smooth. Will upload some video soon!:)

Attachments

• ppilotsa.jpg
    ppilotsa.jpg
    938.8 KB · Views: 391
  • ppilotsb.jpg
    ppilotsb.jpg
    886.6 KB · Views: 362
  • ppilotsc.jpg
    ppilotsc.jpg
    916.9 KB · Views: 325
Just wanted to show you the results after putting everything together and testing. Its a really awesome setup and the video is super smooth. Will upload some video soon!:)
Nice!

So any luck with the install of a Walkera 3D gimbal on a stock FC40? I got a gimbal as a gift , and would really like to use it, not send it back.

So any luck with the install of a Walkera 3D gimbal on a stock FC40? I got a gimbal as a gift , and would really like to use it, not send it back.

Its been covered here and on youtube just do a search. You may have to extend the legs for a G3D.

The stock landing legs are too short for even the G2, you can get taller ones from Amazon etc. as far as mounting it to the FC40,I have seen a few videos on YouTube. The Walkera is a great gimbal.

SO I got my Walkera 3D gimbal installed and wired up. I just need to update the NAZA and I should be ready to go. When I powered up the FC-40 the gimbal did keep the camera level, but the tilt of the camera was looking straight up. That's when I remembered I should update the NAZA. TONIGHT!!! The YOU TUBE video was most helpful, you know, the one that speaks in Dutch, but has English subtitles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers