Gimble settings not available

Reaction score
I have the latest software assistant, think version 3.0. When my phantom is not plugged in and I click on advanced I see the gimble option to adjust settings and select fpv. When I plug my phantom in the gimble option disappears. I have upgraded the gimble firmware and everything else but still does not show up. Anyone else having this issue or know what's up?

Thanks

Hi Andy here, I got my Vision+ a few days ago and I have noticed a similar thing. I can tick the box for FPV mode which is supposed to lock the gimbal, but it has no effect at all. Also, if you tilt yours (by hand) more than say 30deg, does the camera/gimbal become loose/floppy? Mine does and wondering if it is a fault and the reason why the gimbal won't lock in FPV mode?

Cheers, Andy

Andy, separate issue to my question. My issue is that when I plug my phantom in to the software under advanced the gimle tab disappears. When I spoke to dji they said it was a defect. Anyone else have this issue?

It is normal for the gimbal to go limp if you tilt it past a certain point. It will return to normal as soon as you come back within the normal range. I think its kind of a safety, "go limp...play possum" effect in case of a crash.

Download the NAZA-M Assistant Software from DJI and you will get a screen to tinker with the gimbal settings.

Hey Bird,
I downloaded the naza assistant but when I plug my bird in and start that assistant I get no comm. And it is looking for serial number i remember? Am I missing something?

Phantom_Menace66 said:
I can tick the box for FPV mode which is supposed to lock the gimbal, but it has no effect at all.

Cheers, Andy

Have you actually flown it with the FPV option checked (or not)?
It doesn't physically lock your gimbal in place, you get a controlled swooping effect which I find rather off-putting but it does enhance the feeling of banking through turns etc.

BlackTracer said:
Hey Bird,
I downloaded the naza assistant but when I plug my bird in and start that assistant I get no comm. And it is looking for serial number i remember? Am I missing something?

I haven't actually been in there but recall another thread regarding the gimbal settings and the guy was in the NAZA assistant. He did mention something about needing some sort of special cable to connect.

The cable comes with it , you plug it into the pv2+ under the rubber plug and turn the battery on.

Dirty Bird said:
It is normal for the gimbal to go limp if you tilt it past a certain point. It will return to normal as soon as you come back within the normal range. I think its kind of a safety, "go limp...play possum" effect in case of a crash.

Download the NAZA-M Assistant Software from DJI and you will get a screen to tinker with the gimbal settings.
I used to do the same thing with my ex-wife, I'd go limp after a certain point. I also called it a safety feature! LMFAO

vieks said:
Andy, separate issue to my question. My issue is that when I plug my phantom in to the software under advanced the gimle tab disappears. When I spoke to dji they said it was a defect. Anyone else have this issue?
If I plug mine in the gimbal tab is there (not greyed out) but does nothing when I click on it...

Phantom_Menace66 said:
vieks said:
If I plug mine in the gimbal tab is there (not greyed out) but does nothing when I click on it...

Tried this on my Plus as well. The Naza Assistant do not connect on either the regular USB port in front or the port on the gimbal itself. The port on the gimbal seems to be for camera only.
The light in the assistant never did come on, hence the connection is not active on my model.

Maybe the gimbal usb port goes live with a valid serial #?

I think we would have to open take the top cover off to access the correct port to plug into. I read in the NAZA manual that's how you connect to it. It is a micro USB though. But the connection is on one of the NAZA components, I think the receiver. Which is not accessible from the outside. I am not opening mine up to find out for sure. I may tinker with insides in the future as some are recommending getting in there and spot checking for loose connections etc. Someone here even mentioned putting silicone on soldered connections. I am more of the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" school for now.

I also have this on my p2+
Did you find what the defect was.
It must be on the phantom.

I think you are going to find with the Phantom 2 and the v+ there are no gimbal adjustments or controls other than to rotate the camera up and down. You can go into the settings in the DJI app and switch on FPV which does lock the camera in a streight ahead view for FPV flying which will show the same view as the bird banks and turns in the video. It shows what a pilot would see if he was setting in the craft. Most use the FPV off so the gimbal gives good smooth videos by keeping the camera level.

Thanks for your input on this . My problem then must be the camera as in the app it will not go up and down it moves about 1/8"
And points at a downward
Angle.

Thanks for your input on this . My problem then must be the camera as in the app it will not go up and down it moves about 1/8"
And points at a downward
Angle.

Plug your controller into the PC and start RC12 assist. Recalibrate all sticks including the tilt wheel.
Then plug your phantom in the PC and start your Phantom with the RC and recalibrate all sticks including the tilt wheel. Select upgrade mode if you have the built in lipo control version. Select basic if your don't have the built in lipo version.

On a side note. My P2V+ shows the gimbal settings when the P2V+ is plugged into the PC. I can set the gimbal to look +30 deg up and +30 down.
Why? My P2V+ is modified with the Zenmuse H33D + GoPro3. If the board detects the H3-3D or H4-3D, then you will get all options appearing on the gimbal tab. That tab/screen disappears if you have the DJI 3-axis vision camera. DJI don't want you to mess with any of the settings.

Mako that helped, can use rc to move cam. And looking forward on
Takeoff. App will not move cam
To hold position of angle.
Thanks for the info and your time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj